Provide safe and reliable transportation
This petition made change with 90 supporters!
This is a petition to correct or replace bus driver RT 146 PM 2 CHMS/ CHS/ ACMECH.
It is apparent by her actions on numerous occasions that bus driver 146 does not have the patience or ability to be dealing with children. While it is known by us parents/guardians that no child is perfect and they will on occasion do things that may require some form of punishment, bus driver 146 has taken it too far.
- To provide safe and reliable transportation service by operating various school buses in transporting pupils to and from school as well as related activities. Maintains the highest level of ethical behavior with Campus Administrators, fellow employees and our community.
We, parents/guardians, would like to see the driver of bus 146 (MS) corrected/re-trained or replaced for not meeting the primary purpose of her job description.
- Falsely accusing children of misbehaving
- Not allowing children to use their phones to contact their parents
- Consistently running over 30 minutes late
- Being rude to the children
- Threatening to not allow children on the bus
- Yelling at the children
- Shutting bus door as children are trying to get on
- Shutting bus door before a parent can talk to her
These issues do not provide a safe and reliable service, our kids are now expecting to get yelled at or in trouble by their bus driver which does not line up with a high level of ethical behavior. We are not talking about a couple of kids with behavior issues we are talking about the majority of the children that ride bus 146.
Also, listed on the Comal ISD Bus Driver Job Description is:
Special Knowledge / Skills:
- Requires a high degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of the school bus.
- Must have the ability to maintain effective pupil behavior management over groups of children.
Yelling, talking down to or threatening children is not an effective way to manage groups of children or how one should control the school bus.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Must report to duty on time and maintain their route on time and in a safe manner.
As mentioned above bus 146 is consistently late, usually about 30 minutes and our kids are not allowed to use their cell phones so us parents/guardians have to wait and wonder until transportation answers their phone or when the kids get home.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain emotional control under stress; may occasionally work with students with disabilities and/or screaming children and may occasionally deal with life threatening emergencies.
Join us in helping our children, Comal ISD and bus driver 146 maintain emotional control under stress and deal with each other with respect. By signing this petition we hope to make a positive change by getting a new bus driver or re-training the current driver.
Today: Christi is counting on you
Christi Day needs your help with “Comal ISD: Provide safe and reliable transportation for our kids”. Join Christi and 89 supporters today.