Investigate Norwegian's Negligence Handling Luggage & Compensation for Flight Delays
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
NO COMPENSATION FOR LOST/DELAYED LUGGAGE AND CANCELLED/DELAYED FLIGHTS!!!
IS NORWEGIAN STEALING IT'S PASSENGER'S SUITCASES?
In 2018 alone, MANY Norwegian Customers have had their bags either delayed/damages/lost or items stolen.
Although Norwegian isn't entirely responsible for all luggage handling, they are responsible for 1) communicating with customers 2) finding lost luggage 3) ensuring luggage isn't stolen 4) providing due compensation (especially for stolen suitcases).
Let's start with me. I was emigrating to the US with 2 suitcases (containing everything I own & medication) on the 4th of January 2018. After a flight from hell, Norwegian manages to LOSE BOTH MY SUITCASES, despite them never even reaching an arrivals hall. I have received nothing from them and have lost thousands of dollars alongside priceless sentimental items.
In my quest of trying to find my suitcases I encountered:
1) Deplorable customer service: no communication, frequently hung up on and rude staff
2) Lack of initiative searching for bags, I had to suggest that it would be a good idea to email the airport where my bags had been flown to twice
3) Some staff lied to me about what compensation I was legally entitled to
4) Made to replace everything I own up front before I can claim for compensation
5) Upon being in communication with many other passengers and media outlets, I began to discover that an incredibly disproportionate amount of bags are lost by Norwegian in comparison to other airlines.
6) Lying to customers about their rights to compensation when Norwegian delay or cancel flights (especially when passengers miss connecting flights as a result).
7) Ridiculously low compensation, i.e. 260 USD for 2600 USD in spendings
This initiative is not about my anger and distress for losing everything I own and having to survive in NYC in sub zero temperatures for months with nothing. This petition is to open a long overdue investigation into Norwegian and their baggage handling practices.
I am so moved by so many peoples stories (destroyed honeymoons, weddings & holidays, lost priceless family items and survival with no medication), and we have all agreed that what happened to us can never be allowed to happen to anyone ever again. The law doesn't provide us with enough protection, once you put your bags on those scales, you have no control over what happens to them and nobody will help you.
NO COMPENSATION FOR DELAYED/CANCELLED FLIGHTS
Upon the creation of this petition, I have received many communications from customers who have been denied compensation for delayed and cancelled flights!
Accordingly, Norwegian are failing to provide alternative transport for cancelled flights and denying compensation for delayed/ cancelled flights. This is a blatant breach of their legal obligations!
If you share our anger, outrage or disgust about what has happened to us, PLEASE SIGN & SHARE THIS PETITION. Norwegian are opening up new routes all over the world and we must try and protect future customers!
IMPORTANT LEGAL ADVICE: DON'T LET THEM LIE TO YOU
- IF YOUR FLIGHT IS DELAYED (OVER 3 HOURS) OR CANCELLED, NORWEGIAN MUST COMPENSATE YOU AS WELL AS PROVIDE OVERNIGHT ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORTATION. THEY WILL LIE TO YOU ABOUT THIS.
- IF YOUR LUGGAGE IS DELAYED, LOST OR DAMAGED, YOU MUST ALSO BE COMPENSATED.
- IF NORWEGIAN FAIL TO PROVIDE ADEQUATE COMPENSATION, CONTACT THE CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY TO PURSUE ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION!
- REMEMBER, IF SOMETHING IS UNFAIR, IT'S PROBABLY ILLEGAL
Today: Sophie is counting on you
Sophie Jackson needs your help with “Civil Aviation Authority: Open Investigation into Norwegian's Negligence Mishandling Luggage and Lack of Compensation for Delayed & Cancelled Flights”. Join Sophie and 299 supporters today.