Outlaw Street-side Panhandling
This petition made change with 764 supporters!
It is unsafe. Panhandlers put themselves and others (drivers) at risk when they beg on the streets. This activity also creates other related problems such as:
* disorderly conduct of public inebriates (e.g., public intoxication, public drinking, public urination and defecation, harassment, intimidation, and passing out in public places);
* disorderly conduct of transients/homeless (e.g., public camping, public urination and defecation, and sleeping on sidewalks and benches, and in public libraries);
* disorderly youth in public places;
* harassment (usually sexual) of female pedestrians and drivers;
* purse snatchings;
* robbery at automated teller machines (ATMs);
* trash picking (for food or to salvage aluminum cans and bottles);
unlicensed street entertainment;† and
Today: Marc is counting on you
Marc Rasmussen needs your help with “City of Sarasota: Outlaw Street-side Panhandling”. Join Marc and 763 supporters today.