- City of San Diego
- Mark KearseyCouncil Member, District 5 - Member of Public Safety & Neighborhood Services Committee
- Bob FilnerMayor of San Diego
- Todd GloriaCouncil Member, District 3 - Downtown San Diego District
- Lorie ZapfCouncil Member, District 6 - Vice Chair of Public Safety & Neighborhood Services Committee
- David AlvarezCouncil Member, District 8 - Member of Public Safety & Neighborhood Services Committee
- Marti EmeraldCouncil Member, District 9 - Chair of Public Safety & Neighborhood Services Committee
Support Organized Gatherings of Food Trucks in Downtown San Diego
Gourmet food trucks are one of the most popular niches of the food and dining industry. Almost every major city in the United States has seen a great benefit from bringing food trucks into their community over the last 5 years.
Fortunately, the city of San Diego has recently approved its first weekly food truck events in the downtown area. Curbside Bites organizes over 12 weekly food truck markets in Southern California including:
Downtown San Diego Lunch - West B St between India St & Columbia St
Downtown San Diego Dinner - J St between 3rd Ave and 4th Ave
These weekly food trucks markets feature a mix of San Diego's most popular food trucks - including trucks that have been featured by The Food Network, The Cooking Channel, QSR Magazine, Energy 103.7, San Diego Reader, KUSI, and more.
Unfortunately, some businesses in the surrounding areas are trying to remove food trucks from downtown San Diego, and we need the residents of San Diego to voice their support for food trucks and these weekly markets.
Curbside Bites has created a more organized way for food trucks to serve downtown San Diego, rather than leaving trucks to individually roam the streets in search of a suitable vending location. Curbside Bites has received approval from the city of San Diego to close the street to host the food trucks once a week at each of the two locations. These events provide a family friendly atmosphere where the community can gather to enjoy a meal and support local small businesses.
Here is your chance to keep food trucks as a part of San Diego's downtown culture. Sign our petition to support local small businesses and up and coming chefs who are working to bring a sense of community to the city of San Diego.
- City of San Diego
- Council Member, District 5 - Member of Public Safety & Neighborhood Services Committee
- Mayor of San Diego
- Council Member, District 3 - Downtown San Diego District
- Council Member, District 6 - Vice Chair of Public Safety & Neighborhood Services Committee
- Council Member, District 8 - Member of Public Safety & Neighborhood Services Committee
- Council Member, District 9 - Chair of Public Safety & Neighborhood Services Committee
I support the organized, weekly gatherings of food trucks in downtown San Diego.
Curbside Bites started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,150 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.