City of Manitowoc Common Council: Vote "NO" on the re-zoning of property on Cleveland Avenue
This petition made change with 167 supporters!
1. The proposed re-zoning from R-5 to B-1 will allow a 6,000+ square foot, multi-tenant office complex to be built in an exclusively residential neighborhood.
3. According to City planning codes, re-zoning to B-1 requires the property be, "in high service areas of the city," and this property on Cleveland Avenue is not a high service area.
4. The City's Comprehensive Plan states that, "future land use should be used to guide the application of the general pattern of permanent zoning." Re-zoning this property to B-1 sets the stage for additional, inappropriate spot conversion of residential property for commercial use throughout the city and I don't want this happening in my District.
5. Re-zoning to B-1 and allowing a multi-tenant, office complex to be built will cause increased traffic that will endanger pedestrians, joggers and bicyclists on Cleveland Avenue who currently enjoy relative solitude on this road.
6. There are many places for commercial establishments to be located throughout the city of Manitowoc, but Cleveland Avenue should not one of them.
Today: Eric is counting on you
Eric Volcheff needs your help with “City of Manitowoc Common Council: Vote "NO" on the re-zoning of property on Cleveland Avenue”. Join Eric and 166 supporters today.