Scrap the Beaver Traps!
This petition had 1,437 supporters
The City of Irving, Texas intends to discretely trap and remove beavers until the beaver population is "under control" in spite of there being humane ways to deal with beavers. Below are some of the reasons trapping and removing beavers (or any wildlife) is never a good solution.
1. This is the peak of the birthing season. Trapping will leave orphaned babies to die in the dens.
2. Research has shown that relocated beavers don't survive.
3. Beaver traps are inhumane and trapping is a waste of tax dollars.
4. Trapped beavers will quickly be replaced by others from the surrounding area.
5. Damage to trees can be prevented by applying beaver paint instead of setting traps.
Please take action now by signing the petition and letting the City of Irving know that humane measures should be taken and the citizens are watching!
Today: Rhonda is counting on you
Rhonda Thomson needs your help with “City of Irving: Scrap the Beaver Traps!”. Join Rhonda and 1,436 supporters today.