Prioritize funds for a sidewalk on S. Greensboro to make Carrboro more pedestrian-friendly.
This petition had 280 supporters
Pedestrian facilities are currently nonexistent along S. Greensboro St. The Board of Aldermen for the Town of Carrboro has recognized that S. Greensboro might need a sidewalk because it is dangerous for pedestrians and drivers.
Please sign this petetion if you agree with any of these points:
1. Walking and driving along S. Greensboro can be a scary experience because there is no shoulder and pedestrians are too close to traffic.
2. A sidewalk would allow safe pedestrian access to Carrboro Town Center for many residents along S. Greensboro, Old Pittsboro St., and Roberson Place.
3. A sidewalk would connect Carrboro High School with town by joining with the currently under construction sidewalk on Smilth Level Road.
4. Providing safe pedestrian accommodations is consistent with local transportation plans and state transportation policy.
5. A sidewalk on a busy street such as S. Greensboro is in the "spirit of Carrboro."
Today: Michael is counting on you
Michael Christian needs your help with “Citizens of Carrboro and Chapel Hill: Prioritize funds for a sidewalk on S. Greensboro to make Carrboro more pedestrian-friendly.”. Join Michael and 279 supporters today.