Bring Back the Stampede
This petition had 3,491 supporters
As many of you have already been made aware, UB has made the decision to stop busses going from the UB south to UB north campus' and vice versa after 1:30 AM on Fridays and Saturdays. As members of IGC and the larger UB community this announcement comes with huge concerns. Students at UB have much respect and compassion for one another which is why this news comes as such a shock and with so much concern for the safety and well-being of fellow students. Not only is safety a huge concern, but this decision is unfair and lacked student input.
The Ub Stampede service from the Ellicott Residence Halls to UB South Campus has been stopped. This is a problem for many students for the following reasons:
- People who are out in University Heights late and do not have a bus to walk to may be in harms way from traffic, criminals, and more
- This will cause many students to drive to South Campus at night, greatly increasing the chances of students drinking and driving and being put in harms way
- Students who want to travel to Ellicott or vice versa will now have to plan their commute 2 hours before, since UB is now only running 2 buses every hour from Flint Loop only
- UB's North Campus holds the 24 hour Silverman Library and it is unfair that students working and studying late at night are being impacted by these changes.
- Every UB Student pays a semesterly transportation fee so why is it that our transportation at the most vulnerable times is being taken away
Students who are going to party will find a way to party regardless; cutting back on transportation will not solve any problems but only create new, more serious ones.
Today: Inter Greek Council University at Bufflo is counting on you
Inter Greek Council University at Bufflo needs your help with “Chris Austin : Bring Back the Stampede”. Join Inter Greek Council University at Bufflo and 3,490 supporters today.