Implement RERA in Haryana immediately covering existing undelivered projects save families
0 have signed. Let’s get to 15,000!
We are extremely grateful to the Central Govt for announcing the Real Estate Regulatory Act(RERA) passed in parliament and providing much needed relief to thousands of home buyers across India. We also appreciate Haryana CM for the single window system for redressal of public grievances as in the last CM Durbar meeting on 10th April. Summarised below are plights of miserable home buyers across Haryana and more pronounced in millenium city Gurgaon(new name Guru Gram)
- Wilful defaulting builders have collected 80 to 90% payments from buyers but have left projects incomplete or minimal work done on the same
- No escrow accounts were maintained and collections were diverted to other projects or personal business activities like building land banks or building large commercial complexes for huge rental incomes
- Builder Buyer Agreements(BBA) are unfair and completely one sided-18% interest charged by builders for delayed payments but only Rs 5/sq ft(less than 2% (interest) per annum to buyers for delayed deliveries.
- Complete life savings of people many of whom had to finance their needs by taking expensive loans are washed away making lives miserable for thousands without a roof on their head
- Home buyers are an agonised lot, stressed with huge financial burdens, court litigations and running from pillar to post to save their tax paid hard earned money and savings from these builders
- Even mass protest at builders offices, press coverage seem to have no effect on these builders given the extremely slow judicial progress in our country and the very long arms of many builders
- Non Resident Indians have a shattering experience when they realise that a home paid for their aged parents or themselves when they come back to Haryana is just not there but the money is gone.
Recent news paper reports suggest that the builder lobby is pushing very hard to keep existing undelivered projects whose completion certificate(CC) or Occupancy Certificate(OC) are still pending out of RERA ambit.
If these undelivered projects already delayed by 5 to 7 years are kept out of RERA ambit, the very purpose and a gift to the nation from Honourable PM Shri Narendra Modi will be totally defeated.
It is our humble plea and request to you to kindly make RERA applicable in Haryana immediately and bring undelivered projects under its ambit. This is our last hope having put our life term savings for buying a home in Haryana.Please save us, our families and help us get our dream homes.
Home Buyers in Haryana State
Today: Subho is counting on you
Subho Bhattacharya needs your help with “Chief Minister Haryana: Implement RERA in Haryana immediately covering existing undelivered projects save families”. Join Subho and 14,451 supporters today.