Save my children - say Yes to Shared Parenting.
This petition had 1,355 supporters
My children have been robbed of their childhood by preventing them from meeting their father.
Have you ever felt the trauma of losing a parent? Today an entire generation of children exists around you,who have been denied their right to be with one of their parents.(99% times -their father) in cases of separation / divorce.It will surprise many that this injustice has been happening all around us. The United Nations' Convention on the rights of a child - of which India is a signatory - accords all children the right to have access to both parents.It is also common sense that every child needs both parents for a fulfilling growth.Its the need of the hour to make the concerned parties - the people like you and me,counsellors, advocates, teachers, politicians and the judiciary - aware of the harmful effects of this parental alienation.Studies confirm the increased chances of suicides, teenage pregnancies, drug abuse, school dropouts, legal offenders,rapes etc amongst such children.I plead you to educate yourselves by contacting me / keeping your ears to the ground./ going to the links provided here (www.youtube.com/results?search_query=parental+alienation,childrightsngo.com insaafindia.in, vaastav.org ) In order to save my children i need your strong support to my proposals-
1) Shared parenting as a default in every case of separation / divorce.
2) Shared parenting plan to be finalized and executed within 30 days of filing of the case in the court.
3) Parental alienation to be treated as child abuse and those indulging in it to be prosecuted.
4) Non compliance of shared parenting plan should invite penalty like change of custody / forced social service / impounding of driving license and passport / financial penalty to be donated to child welfare organisations.
5) Ban child interviews in courts as choosing one parent over another traumatizes the child for life.
World over such changes in the judicial system have been adopted.I think ,India - specially my children need this change. Save my children .
Dr Shirish B Ghan.
Today: shirish is counting on you
shirish ghan needs your help with “Chief Justice of India: Save my children - say Yes to Shared Parenting.”. Join shirish and 1,354 supporters today.