- Office of Controlled SubstancesHealth Canada
- Rona AmbroseHealth Minister, Health Canada
Charlotte's Web Now Available in Canada via Health Canada Exemption!!
The world's most popular CBD oil is now available to Canadians through a Health Canada exemption. Here are the steps:
1) Ask your doctor to write a letter to Health Canada acknowledging the intent to use Charlotte's Web. The letter must include the following:
- That the physician is aware of the use of Charlotte's Web (they must refer to Charlotte's Web by it's full name, not CBD, CW, etc)
- That the patient will remain under the physicians care
- The name, address, and license number of the physician
- The full name & mailing address of the applicant
- The full name of the patient receiving the oil
2) Email the signed letter with your request for an exemption for Charlotte's Web to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) If your request is approved, upload your document to the CW Hemp website here: http://www.cwhemp.com/canada-import
- Health Canada
Office of Controlled Substances
- Health Minister, Health Canada
Forget the stigmas associated with marijuana. Cannabis oil has the potential to ease the suffering of thousands of children in Canada. What many people don't realize is that many forms of "cannabinoids" are non-psychoactive with zero high. What's more, these cannabinoids have been shown time and again to prevent seizures, reduce tumours, and reverse cognitive delays. My daughter, and many more like her, can experience hundreds of seizures a day with some seizures lasting hours. Every moment of every day there is the potential that she could suddenly be taken from us from a seizure. Thankfully we have kept those seiuzres at bay with cannabis oil. We have a prescription from a neurologist and several options for a licensed supplier here in Canada. Unfortunately, Health Canada only allows for the sale and consumption of dried cannabis, essentially forcing children to smoke their life-saving medication. No one should be forcing children to smoke and no one should be forcing parents to make home made oil illegally in their kitchens. Thank you.
Pediatric Cannabis Canada started this petition with a single signature, and now has 13,328 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.