Cannabis Control Commission Regulations are too much, too fast
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
We strongly believe based on principles of public health and safety that the Cannabis Control Commission must reject the current draft regulations (935 CRM 500.000). The draft goes beyond what the people of Massachusetts voted on in November 2016. The draft regulations are too much, too fast and build commercial marijuana in Massachusetts. The regulations proposed should be debated by our legislatures who will advocate and who understand the needs of our communities.
- The draft fails the Commission’s purpose to ensure safe access to marijuana. For Example, the regulation doesn't protect our youth and blurs the messaging by allowing 18 year olds to work in social consumption establishments where marijuana use is present and is a health risk.
- There are no designation tax revenue funds to help municipalities with implementation, public safety, or needed prevention/education as previously promised in 2016. The commission should develop the regulations incrementally to assess, consider, and minimize negative outcomes to public health and safety which is what we voted in November 2016.
- The draft greatly confuses, and in some cases, denies municipalities the local control citizens were promised in 2016. The draft regulations prohibit towns that had a Registered Medical Dispensary (RMD) with a Final Certificate of Registration or Provisional Certificate of Registration prior to July 1st, 2017 from prohibiting its conversion to a retail recreational marijuana establishment. This is an unacceptable regulation that overrules municipality’s decisions with Medical Marijuana RMDs to ban the sale of retail recreational marijuana.
- It fails the medical marijuana patients who were promised access to compassionate care and not high potency THC. It limits access to CBD for medical marijuana patients who would be forced to use drugs that get you high instead of CBD.
- Other examples of troubling regulations that put public health and safety at risk include the creation of Delivery-Only Retail, cultivating cooperatives, and many more examples.
We were promised decreased drugs in our communities. The draft creates, subsidizes, and assists the marijuana companies to increase drugs in our communities and should be rejected.
Today: Citizens for a Safe and Healthy Massachusetts is counting on you
Citizens for a Safe and Healthy Massachusetts needs your help with “Charlie Baker : Cannabis Control Commission Regulations are too much, too fast”. Join Citizens for a Safe and Healthy Massachusetts and 1,248 supporters today.