Provide Holidays to prevent COVID-19 epidemic in Chandigarh University
This petition made change with 6,044 supporters!
As you must be aware of the Coronavirus outbreak prevalent in the country, we propose the classes to be suspended till 31st March' 2020 to limit the spread of the virus.
The following points support my argument:
1. The university resumed on 11th March after Holi break due to which students from their respective homes in different states have returned to university. We also have students from corona risk states like Delhi, Kerala, Karnataka. Mass gatherings in classes will lead to spread.
2. Mass stays in hostels and using common toilets.
3. Being a responsible institute and an institute of national importance, Chandigarh University take immediate, concrete and effective actions for prevention of the spread on the novel Coronavirus.
4. Also various centrally funded institutes all over the nation had also taken steps and classes are being suspended to prevent this spread.
5. As we already know, exams are scheduled in the month of April. To avoid delay in exams (if the virus keeps spreading like this), its necessary that the university declares suspension now.
6. Since we have students from all over the country and from other countries like China, Nepal, we are more prone towards COVID-19.
This petition keeps in mind the best interest of whole Chandigarh University. Single case coming from other state due to travel after holidays can lead to spread of this epidemic in whole institute. We request you to please make the arrangements for screening of students or anyone entering hostels or institute.
Today: Chandigarh University is counting on you
Chandigarh University Students needs your help with “Chandigarh University: Provide Holidays to prevent COVID-19 epidemic in Chandigarh University”. Join Chandigarh University and 6,043 supporters today.