Call for Action in Response to Syosset Hate Graffiti
This petition made change with 367 supporters!
Three months ago, swastikas, profanity and other messages of hate were spray painted on Syosset schools. Enough time has passed, and no justice has been served. The voters of Syosset/Woodbury call for immediate action in the form of:
1. Criminal charges against the suspects
2. A public forum where the Nassau County Police Acting Commissioner and the Nassau County District Attorney will provide the community with:
- an understanding of why charges cannot be filed immediately
- details on what - if anything - law enforcement needs from the community to speed the filing of charges
- comments on rumors that have been swirling for the last three months
The people of Syosset/Woodbury will not endorse racism, anti-semitism, or any other type of activity that promotes one race, religion or ethnicity over another. Failure to take action against this crime implies we will accept future acts of hate. Because we trust that Nassau County officials feel the same, we look forward to an expeditious closure of this black time in our community, and/or the opportunity to hear details from you within the next thirty days.
Today: Wendy is counting on you
Wendy Levitt needs your help with “Call for Action in Response to Syosset Hate Graffiti”. Join Wendy and 366 supporters today.