Immunization: Elimination of Personal Belief Exemption for Vaccinations
STOP SB277, this bill will remove the Personal Belief Exemption and mandate full vaccination of any pupil, from daycare through secondary school including public and private, in order to attend. It also does not limit the ever expanding vaccine schedule or limit the requirement of additional vaccines to attend school, there are over 300 new vaccines in the pipeline. This is clearly an attack on parents rights to choose whether or not to submit their child to a medical procedure with inherent risks.
SB277 also removes the language requiring the doctor to educate the patient of the benefits and the risks of the vaccine.
The California Chiropractic Association OPPOSES proposed legislation by Senators Richard Pan and Ben Allen to eliminate all parental rights regarding vaccinations of their children.
• Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 1948, "Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person".
• Opinion 8.08 of the American Medical Association (AMA) states, “The physician has an ethical obligation to help the patient make choices from among the therapeutic alternatives consistent with good medical practice. Informed consent is a basic policy both in ethics and law that physicians must honor…”
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends sixty nine doses of sixteen different vaccines between birth and age eighteen, with 49 vaccines given before the age of six.
• The National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 established the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) as a federal no-fault system to compensate persons (or families of persons) who are injured by covered childhood vaccines, has paid out over $2.8 billion to families whose children have died or suffered other adverse reactions. The vaccine injury/death payouts since 1989: $2.8 billion paid so far, a total of $3.1 billion if you include attorney fees. If you look at the past 5 years, you will see an average of $221,000,000 paid out per year in comparison to the complete 26 years since 1989, the average is $120,000,000. That means that the past 5 years have nearly doubled in damages paid out. http://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/statisticsreport.pdf
• Percentage of children who can’t, for one health reason or another be vaccinated. Statewide = 0.19 percent.
• Managed by the CDC and FDA, the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) reports more than 30,000 vaccine related injuries annually. Since 2000, 142 Californians have suffered adverse reactions, resulting in 46 deaths of California citizens. 52.82% of these adverse reactions were suffered by children under the age of 11 months. During that same time period, VAERS reports the death of 707 American citizens (as opposed to 4 deaths related to the measles in the U.S. during the same time period). http://vaers.hhs.gov/data
• Existing California law (AB 2109 Pan) required consultation with a doctor before receiving a personal exemption has been in effect for only one year. In this time there has been a 20% reduction in parents seeking a personal exemption (opt out rate dropped from 3.15% to 2.5%).
• The safety of vaccines is not absolute and no medical doctor administering a vaccine would sign a paper stating the safety of vaccines is absolute
• Science is always changing (bloodletting was once the standard of care, eggs were bad, and low fat diets prevented heart disease. All refuted by the latest science)
• Ingredients of vaccines are always changing and new vaccines are constantly being placed on the market (which we will also be forced to use if this bill were to pass).
• Since the manufacturers and people who administer vaccines have no liability for adverse reactions, it would be unethical to have an absolute mandate to vaccinate. With no liability, they have little fiscal incentive to create the safest product possible.
• The reason the manufacturers don’t have liability is because the US Supreme Court concluded vaccines are unavoidably unsafe products. http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/10pdf/09-152.pdf
• The government & media rails on and on about non-vaccination PUTTING people at risk failing to grasp the elementary point that not vaccinating is a non-action. Non-actions don’t PUT people at risk. If the risk were not already in existence there would be nothing to protect against and hence no reason to vaccinate. DUI on the other hand is an action that creates a risk that did not previously exist.
STOP SB277 - Forced Vaccinations to Attend Daycare & School in California
Leo Meltvedt started this petition with a single signature, and now has 9,406 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.