Ask Burke County Commissioners to Vote NO on the zoning and animal control ordinances!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Many Burke County residents, pet owners, rescues, and responsible breeders/owners have been fighting against new Animal Control Ordinances for months for adding restrictions and warrantless searches of homes because the owners have more than a certain amount of dogs.
On April 4th, 2017, Animal Control got rid of the infamous Kennel I and Kennel II portion of their proposed ordinance and handed it over to zoning to try to get it passed.
The new zoning amendment restricts ownership of pets in Burke County.
1. You can own 10 pets or less (this is any combination of animals. Example: 2 cats, 2 dogs, 6 fish etc.)
2. Your property has to be zoning approved to have a "kennel". Most homes are not zoned for kennels.
3. Anyone owning 10 pets must be a Kennel, regardless of whether they breed or make money off their animals.
4. If you do not have the approval of living in the correct zoning label, you must be below 10 pets by August 1st, 2017
5. Animal control and zoning must approve your property as it is not automatic. They can approve or not approve for any reason they see fit.
6. This will increase turn over into the shelter and lower adoption rates, as owners cannot have the amount of pets they wish.
7. Foster to adopt rescues will not be exempt. They will be under the restriction as well, so lower adoption rates from the shelter as well as for their organizations.
8. Cause owners to choose which pets they will keep and who to get rid of. This will be horrible for so many reasons.
Please sign! I will be printing this and taking it to our meeting April 18, 2017 for the Burke County Commissioners meeting!
Please email email@example.com if you'd like to attend, have any questions, etc.
See www.burkenc.org for more information about these proposed ordinances and amendments.
Today: Frances is counting on you
Frances Howell needs your help with “Burke County Commissioners : Ask Burke County Commissioners to Vote NO on the zoning and animal control ordinances!”. Join Frances and 322 supporters today.