Coalition Women leaders@digital for Europe
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Sign to join the Coalition Women leaders@digital for Europe and support our goal to work for more diversity and inclusiveness in the digitally connected world we live in!
Our coalition will advocate and champion for:
- Women role-models and leaders in technology to gain more visibility
- Women at risk to be economically empowered via digital skills
- Girls to be encouraged to engage with STEM disciplines and pursue a career in technology
- Women-led (impact) ventures to get fair access to funding
- Data from October 2016 show that women still account for less than one in four board mem- bers in the largest publicly listed companies registered in EU Member States. Indeed, there are only four countries — France, Italy, Finland and Sweden, — in which boards of large companies have at least 30% women.
- EU political leadership - In November 2016, parliaments in Finland and Sweden included at least 40% of each gender, while in Bulgaria, Greece, Croatia, Cyprus, Latvia, Hungary, Malta and Romania women accounted for less than 20% of members. Countries like Greece and Hungary included no women at all.
- Only 24 out of every 1000 women with higher education in the EU have completed ICT related courses, and only 6 of these 24 have digital professions.
- Bulgaria ranks 1st for women IT specialists with 30%, compared to 16% on average for the European Union. Still, inequality between men and women in the digital sector remains high.
- In 2016, female founders raised less than 2% of total VC funding despite having the same ROI as male-led venture.
- The European economy loses 16.2 billion euro every year due to the dropout of women in the digital sector.
1. Create a single communication platform (probably on Slack) to enhance knowledge transfer and collaboration between coalition members;
2. Define one common measurable mission (a survey will be send out to all who expressed inter- est in the subject;
3. Ongoing mapping process supported by all members to engage more supporters throughout Europe and to reach a critical mass.
Join us today!
Today: Bulgarian Center of Women in Technology is counting on you
Bulgarian Center of Women in Technology needs your help with “Bulgarian Center of Women in Technology: Coalition Women leaders@digital for Europe”. Join Bulgarian Center of Women in Technology and 111 supporters today.