Oppose Tricare's over-development at Taringa
This petition had 1,321 supporters
Taringa residents are concerned about the effects of over-development in our suburb.
A developer, Tricare, wants us to believe that they are committed to providing high-quality aged care and that's why they are building three multi-storey buildings (16, 12 & 8 storeys) at 52 Seven Oaks Street, Taringa.
Since when is it best practice to provide aged-care accommodation in towers offering limited accessibility, limited amenity and no access to green spaces?
We welcome an aged-care facility at Taringa - one that reflects best-practice in aged-care design and genuinely seeks to help our sick and vulnerable elderly when they can no longer live in their own home.
TriCare's development application is about just one thing: selling real estate to make money from retirees.
Why we need to object
- The towers are not appropriate for aged-care accommodation.
- The towers are not in keeping with the character of the suburb which comprises housing and low-rise apartments.
- The towers represent an over-development of the site in terms of scale and height.
- The towers will create over-shadowing, wind tunnels and loss of natural light.
- The development will increase traffic congestion and noise.
- The development will set a precedent for more high-rise developments in Taringa.
- The iconic and protected Kauri Pine and Poinciana on the site will be destroyed.
Please sign now!
We have no right of appeal, so this is our one and only chance to stop this over-development.
Today: Monique is counting on you
Monique Mayze needs your help with “Brisbane City Council: Oppose Tricare's over-development at Taringa”. Join Monique and 1,320 supporters today.