Stop DNR from stocking "Muskies" into Gull Lake Chain of Lakes
This petition had 970 supporters
We are against the stocking of muskellunge (muskies) into Gull Lake Chain of Lakes by the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
- Muskies are not a native species to the Gull Lake Chain of Lakes.
- Muskies are a trophy fish for photos only and not intended to be eaten.
- Boat traffic will increase.
- Muskies damage walleye and panfish populations.
- No person wants to swim in a lake full of muskies, (DNR report stated muskies have been known to bite swimmers).
- Long-term environmental impacts are unknown.
- Increase in fishing boats = increases threat of spreading zebra mussels from Gull Lake to other lakes not yet contaminated.
- Increases risk of spreading myriophyllum (milfoil) into Gull Lake and other MN lakes.
Today: A Friend of Gull Lake is counting on you
A Friend of Gull Lake needs your help with “Brainerd Areas Fisheries Office: Stop DNR stocking of "Muskies" into Gull Lake Chain of Lakes”. Join A Friend of Gull Lake and 969 supporters today.