BOYCOTT Spirit Halloween, Owned by ACON Investments - STOP Marketing SEXY Children's Costumes & STOP Sexualizing Children!
This petition had 715 supporters
BOYCOTT Spirit Halloween -- owned by ACON INVESTMENTS !
* * * You can also CALL ACON INVESTMENTS (OWNER OF SPIRIT HALLOWEEN) AT THEIR CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS AT (202) 454-1100 TO TELL THEM TO STOP SEXUALIZING CHILDREN / YOUNG GIRLS.
This company is MAKING MONEY by portraying children as SEX OBJECTS & sexualizing our kids !
* To see Spirit Halloween’s original ads encouraging 9 year old girls and 13 year old girls to experiment sexually with boys, go to this link:
Spirit Halloween sexualizes children/young girls, and markets SEXY children's costumes, for 9 year old girls (tweens) and 13 year old girls (teens).
** 10/26/12: Watch this new video by Miss Representation at a local Spirit Halloween store -- you'll see how the majority of the young girls' costumes were of the "sexy kids" variety - and Spirit was selling children's sexy FISHNET STOCKINGS:
Spirit Halloween has over 1,000 stores across the United States.
Spirit Halloween portrays children as SEX OBJECTS in their highly sexualized kids' costumes and ads.
** Look at their ad for this extremely sexualized TWEEN "army girl" child's costume for 9 year old girls:
** and this TWEEN "Goldilocks" costume for 9 year old girls that looks like an ADULT fantasy sex costume:
* As of 10/18/12, Spirit Halloween was encouraging 13 year old girls to have sexual experiences with boys in their TEEN Rag Doll child's costume ad: "You are all grown up now so why not find out if big boys like to play with dolls!"
* As of 10/18/12, Spirit Halloween was encouraging 9 year old girls to experiment sexually with boys in their "Celebrikitty" TWEEN costume ad: "You'll be playing cat and mouse with all the boys.”
* On 10/19/12, Spirit Halloween was forced to change their SEXUAL ad wording for children’s costumes after a "Not Buying It" Twitter campaign by Miss Representation:
Spirit Halloween’s marketing of SEXY children’s costumes is putting pressure on kids to look sexy – this sexualization of children is an OUTRAGE, and is having a dangerous and destructive impact on our kids:
A July 2012 study found that 6 year old girls want to be sexy and see themselves as sex objects: http://www.livescience.com/21609-self-sexualization-young-girls.html
Sexualizing young girls and young women can cause eating disorders, low self-esteem, depression and negative body image, according to a 2007 American Psychological Association Task Force on the Sexualization of Girls:
Tell Spirit Halloween, and their owner, ACON INVESTMENTS to STOP marketing SEXY children’s costumes, STOP sexualizing our kids, and that you won’t buy their costumes!
Today: National Organization for Women is counting on you
National Organization for Women San Gabriel Valley Chapter (CA) needs your help with “BOYCOTT Spirit Halloween, Owned by ACON Investments - STOP Marketing SEXY Children's Costumes & STOP Sexualizing Children!”. Join National Organization for Women and 714 supporters today.