Help create a center for African diasporic arts on Boston's Seaport!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
The Cross Cultural Collective (C3) is a Black arts collaborative that elevates, promotes and celebrates African diasporic arts and their creators in the city of Boston and beyond. We envision a Boston and wider world where the transformative & restorative powers of African diasporic arts are celebrated, advanced, and justifiably valued.
As a catalyst for cultural literacy, the Cross Cultural Collective - utilizing the assistance of artists, urban planners, architects and designers, with the support of the Design Museum as our fiscal conduit - proposes to create a multi-faceted media arts and wellness center at 50 Liberty Street, enhancing Boston's rich diversity in its Seaport District and advancing its reputation as a Creative City.
With this center we will:
- Provide a vibrant, activated space for exploring and celebrating the contributions people of the African diaspora have made - and continue to make - in this city, this state, this country, and the wider world, emphasizing the Now and the Future.
- Empower Black artists and creatives through visibility, community building, cooperative economics, and advocacy to create, connect and thrive in a space dedicated to visual and performance arts, theater, wellness, film, and public collective design.
- Nurture an ecosystem that invites and engages communities, facilitates healing, and fosters equitable cultural interaction.
- Honor the Maker-Space Innovation movement and render it accessible to residents, tourists, underserved communities and the broader public on local, regional and international levels.
- Increase our programming apparatus and outreach by partnering with other art agencies, organizations, museums and non-profits.
In coming together, the Cross Cultural Collective blends the diaspora of our families and our cultures with our shared love of the arts and city of Boston.
We ask you to join us in our efforts to increase, expand, and diversify the cultural and artistic landscape of the Seaport and throughout Boston.
Sign this petition to:
1) Show your support for the Cross Cultural Collective's mission and vision.
2) Urge the city’s Boston Planning and Development Agency to grant the Cross Cultural Collective the 50 liberty space to execute our mission and vision.
Today: Cross Cultural Collective is counting on you
Cross Cultural Collective Black Arts needs your help with “Boston Planning and Development Agency: Help create a space for Black Arts on the Boston Seaport!”. Join Cross Cultural Collective and 880 supporters today.