Less use of plastic in English supermarkets!

Less use of plastic in English supermarkets!

0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
At 2,500 signatures, this petition is more likely to get picked up by local news!
Mila Boggio started this petition to Boris Johnson (Prime Minister) and

In England only, we use about 800,000 tonnes of plastic a year in supermarkets. If that’s only in England, then of much would it be in the whole world? 300,000,000 tonnes, in fact and only 10% of it is recyclable. The other 90% goes straight to the bin. And I want to stop that.

I am 10 years old. I love animals and wildlife and I want to help stop Climate Change. When I heard Greta Thunberg give a talk, I decided I was going to help stop Climate Change, no matter what. 

One day I went to Morrisons  and I saw most of the vegetables and fruit were wrapped in plastic when they could easily be put in paper bags or not wrapped at all. That’s when I remembered Lizzie, a 9-year old who wrote a petition to stop sending plastic to poorer countries. I decided to write a petition so that supermarkets used less plastic to help the planet.

  • The researchers warned that if current trends continued some 12 billion tonnes of plastic waste would be in landfill sites or the natural environment by 2050. Concern over plastic waste has been growing, partly because it contains chemicals that can hurt animals and wildlife.

Please sign this petition to stop Climate Change and help the animals, wildlife, and the planet. If possible, share or chip this petition.

Thank you for reading,

Mila

0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
At 2,500 signatures, this petition is more likely to get picked up by local news!