- Bob Jones UniversityOffice of the President, Stephen B. Jones
- G.R.A.C.E. TeamOmbudsman for Bob Jones University
- Christopher PetermanDirector of Do Right BJU
- Carol A. KeirsteadChief Communications Officer
- Dr. David A. FisherProvost
- John D. MatthewsOffice of the Vice President for Advancement and Alumni Relations
- Dr. Gary M. WeierOffice of the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Rev. Marshall FranklinOffice of the Executive Vice President for Operation
- Larry JacksonChairman of the Board of Bob Jones University
- Robert Reynolds Jones IIIOffice of the Chancellor
- Basyle TchividjianExecutive Director of G.R.A.C.E.
We petition Bob Jones University to rehire G.R.A.C.E. and to allow G.R.A.C.E. to complete the investigation regarding allegations of sexual abuse at BJU.
On January 27, 2014 Bob Jones University sent a "Notice of Termination" to Godly Response to Abuse in the Christian Environment stating that the investigation was to be terminated immediately and that all work completed was to be kept confidential (i.e. not released to the public.)
Despite repeated requests from G.R.A.C.E. BJU has not given any reason as to why the investigation was terminated.
Bob Jones University not only signed a contract with G.R.A.C.E., but they also emotionally tied the victims of abuse -- the very victims who they ignored, berated, condemned, and vilified for years -- to this investigation.
By breaking their contract and their oath BJU is re-victimizing those same abuse survivors and it is an absolute tragedy what they have done.
This petition demands that Bob Jones University honor the terms of their original agreement and immediately rehire G.R.A.C.E. We demand that BJU allow the investigation to be completed in its entirety and the results published, unedited, in a public format.
- Office of the President, Stephen B. Jones
Bob Jones University
- Ombudsman for Bob Jones University
- Director of Do Right BJU
- Chief Communications Officer
Carol A. Keirstead
Dr. David A. Fisher
- Office of the Vice President for Advancement and Alumni Relations
John D. Matthews
- Office of the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs
Dr. Gary M. Weier
- Office of the Executive Vice President for Operation
Rev. Marshall Franklin
- Chairman of the Board of Bob Jones University
- Office of the Chancellor
Robert Reynolds Jones III
- Executive Director of G.R.A.C.E.
We petition Bob Jones University to honor the terms of the original agreement by rehiring G.R.A.C.E. and allowing them to complete the investigation regarding allegations of sexual abuse at BJU.
Do Right BJU started this petition with a single signature, and won with 1,311 supporters. Start a petition to change something you care about.