1. "Rainbows" have been an endearing tradition for UH Athletics for 90 years (since 1923)!
2. Rainbows have ALWAYS been a major part of what makes Hawaii a very special place, ever since our Native Hawaiians first settled here well over a thousand years ago! Rainbows were revered for not only their physical beauty, but for their spiritual energy as well!
3. In our island state, people of different colors and cultures respect each other and strive to work together for the greater good of everyone. That is the history of Hawaii; that is what we continue to do today. No other symbol reflects this synergetic diversity better than the rainbow!
4. The people of Hawaii appreciate rainbows EVERY SINGLE DAY ... in the skies up above, on our car's license plates, and on the buses we ride. And as our beloved Bruddah Iz sings, "The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky ... Are also on the faces of people passing by ... I see friends shaking hands, sayin' "How do you do?" ... They're really sayin' 'I, I love you.'"
5. Use our (UH and the state) strengths when making decisions about marketing. Bruddah Iz and his signature song, "Over the Rainbow/What A Wonderful World," is already well loved throughout the US and the world! Use the strength of the rainbow instead of hiding it!
5. Rain! ... Bows! Rain! ... Bows!! Rain! ... Bows!!!