Demand a $300 Million Housing Bond for Austin!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Austin is in a housing crisis and it's time to take a bold step in fighting it!
This November, Austin voters will have the opportunity to support a housing bond to create affordability for thousands of Austinites. City Council will be hearing public testimony on June 14 and June 28. The council vote will be on June 28. Join us!
Fourteen organizations have come together to demand the Austin City Council to put $300 million for affordable housing on the ballot. Sign this petition and join the following community organizations in fighting for a $300 million housing bond!
- Austin Democratic Socialists of America
- Austin Justice Coalition
- ADAPT of Texas
- Austin Cooperative Business Association
- Austin Tenants Council
- Downtown Austin Neighborhood Association
- Family Eldercare
- Friends of Austin Neighborhoods
- Left Up to Us
- Texas Alliance for Retired Americans
- Texas Appleseed
- Texas Low Income Housing Information Service
- Workers Defense Action Fund
$300 million was also endorsed by the Austin Anti-Displacement Task Force. And our effort is getting national attention! Check out this Nation article, Activists in Austin Have a Novel Plan to Tackle its Affordable-Housing Crisis.
Email and call your City Council TODAY:
- Mayor Steve Adler, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-978-2100
- Ora Houston, D1, email@example.com, 512-978-2101
- Delia Garza, D2, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-978-2102
- Pio Renteria, D3, email@example.com, 512-978-2103
- Greg Casar, D4, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-978-2104
- Ann Kitchen, D5, email@example.com, 512-978-2105
- Jimmy Flannigan, D6, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-978-2106
- Leslie Pool, D7, email@example.com, 512-978-2107
- Kathie Tovo, D9, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-978-2109
- Alison Alter, D10, email@example.com, 512-978-2110
Today: Courtney is counting on you
Courtney Szigetvari needs your help with “Austin City Council: Demand a $300 Million Housing Bond for Austin!”. Join Courtney and 156 supporters today.