Make the water in Waiuku better
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
As residents of Waiuku we are serious about the improvement of our water quality. We urge Watercare to investigate and take urgent steps to improve the safety and quality of our waters’ source and treatment.
Extreme amounts of Chlorine is neither a safe nor pleasant additive to a town’s water supply.
Currently residents are managing the following issues:
- Having to buy bottled water to drink due to water taste, odour and chlorine levels.
- Installing expensive whole house filters which need replacing twice as regularly as recommended due to limescale and mineral buildup.
- Developing skin rashes whilst showering and bathing.
- Installing water softening devices, dechlorinating showerheads and water softening tablets.
- Appliances, showers/tubs and cutlery/glassware coated in limescale buildup.
- Shorter lifespan of water using appliances and tapware.
- Undrinklable tap water.
- Strong smell of chlorine.
- Eczema flare up and stinging eyes.
- Chlorine levels higher than the acceptable dosage in a spa pool.
As residents of this ‘supercity’- safe and clean water is a right, not a privilege. This petition has been signed by over 500 people in its first twelve hours. That’s 41 people per hour- and a demand that action be taken.
Today: Waiuku public is counting on you
Waiuku public needs your help with “Auckland Council: Make the water in Waiuku better”. Join Waiuku public and 2,579 supporters today.