Effort to stop the blue whale suicide game, seeking help from social media sites worldwide
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
This petition is an effort to send a message to the Social media giants to invalidate the hashtags which are promoting the bluewhale suicide game and creating a risk at innocent lives across the globe.
- Blue Whale began in Russia in 2013 with "F57", one of the names of the so-called "death group" of the VKontakte social network, and allegedly caused its first suicide in 2015. Philipp Budeikin, a former psychology student who was expelled from his university, claimed that he invented the game. Budeikin stated that his purpose was to "clean" the society by pushing to suicide those he deemed as having no value.
- In Russia in 2016, Blue Whale came into broader use among teenagers after a journalist brought attention to it through an article that linked many unrelated suicide victims to the Blue Whale, creating a wave of moral panic in Russia. Later, Budeikin was arrested and pled guilty to "inciting at least 16 teenage girls to commit suicide", leading to Russian suicide prevention legislation and renewed world-wide concern over the Blue Whale phenomenon. It has also been linked to other rising self-harm trends, such as "human embroidery" in China
- The game is based on the relationship between the challengers (also called players or participants and curators) and the administrators.It involves a series of duties given by the administrators that players must complete, usually one per day, some of which involve self-mutilation. Some tasks can be given in advance, while others can be passed on by the administrators on that day, the last task being suicide.
- The list of tasks, to be completed in 50 days, includes waking up at 4:20 A.M., climbing a crane, carving a specific phrase on the person’s own hand or arm, doing secret tasks, poking a needle to the arm or leg, standing on a bridge and roof, listening to music, and watching videos sent to the challengers by the administrator. One of these music videos was originally for Norwegian singer Emilie Nicolas' upbeat song "Pstereo" (filmed in Scotland). It had been dubbed by the administrator and set to BENY's hauntingly somber remix of Australian singer Sarah Blasko's country-folkish song "All I Want" (video filmed in Victoria, Australia)
- Curators contact find players mostly using hashtags on social media
hashtags are (#imingame #curatorfindme #imready #suicidal #helpmedie #f57 #f58 #f40 #bluewhalechallenge #bluewhalegame #wakemeat420 #синий #синий кит #кит #Якит)
- The game has affected lives in almost all the countries and is a shame for humanity as no one have right to promote the depressed people to suicides. Everyone has right to live. We urge the people to unite their voices against this and ask the social media giants to invalidate the hashtags (#imingame #curatorfindme #imready #suicidal #helpmedie #f57 #f58 #f40 #bluewhalechallenge #bluewhalegame #wakemeat420 #синий #синий кит #кит #Якит) worldwide.
- Anonymous have started an operation to stop the game and succeeded upto a level. However, if the hashtags are banned it will be hard to establish the contact between curators and players.
- Please support the petition so that these hashtags can be banned. Every life matter.
Below are the resources to get more info about the game:
Please sign the petition and share so that our voices can be heard against this evil.
Today: sevgi is counting on you
sevgi umid needs your help with “asking for efforts from social media platforms to stop the blue-whale suicide game”. Join sevgi and 142 supporters today.