The historic Wilson School is under threat of redevelopment. Built in 1910, it is one of the oldest existing public schools in Arlington. Help us save the Wilson School from being turned into another high rise. Lets take back our neighborhood.
We believe the Wilson School:
1. Retains an important part of the character and urban fabric of Arlington.
2. Provides sense of place to the community.
3. Break from high density.
4. Provides much needed recreational green space.
Tell Arlington County to support thoughtful redevelopment of the Wilson School...not just another high rise.
- School Board
I am disappointed to learn of the Arlington County's plan to sell the Wilson School property, at 1601 Wilson Blvd in Rosslyn, to a developer. Built in 1910, it is one of the oldest existing public schools in Arlington. The Wilson School retains an important part of the character and urban fabric of Arlington, it provides a sense of place to the community, a break from high density, and provides much needed recreational green space.
Our goals are to:
1. Retain and restore this century old property.
2. Retain recreational parkland, open space and permeability of site access.
3. Preserve and renovate existing affordable housing at Queens Court.
4. Retain the civic purpose of the school and educational history of use.
5. Fulfill affordable housing goals of the site with rezoning.
We urge you to support thoughtful redevelopment of the Wilson School property...not just another high rise.
Preservation Arlington started this petition with a single signature, and now has 163 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.