Singaporean couple TORTURES intellectually disabled woman to DEATH
0 have signed. Let’s get to 50,000!
SINGAPORE PROSECUTION IS ONLY SEEKING 14-15 YEARS OF JAIL FOR COUPLE WHO TORTURED INTELLECTUALLY DISABLED WAITRESS TO DEATH.
From this article by the Straits Times, it is stated : Describing their acts as "an appalling case of abuse and cruelty", prosecutors are seeking 15 years' jail for Tan and 14 years' jail and 12 strokes of the cane for Pua.
Tan Hui Zhen & Pua Hak Chuan is the Singaporean couple who tortured an intellectually disabled waitress, Ms Annie Ee Yu Lian for a period of 8 months with the intention to cause hurt which eventually led to her death.
As stated from this article by Channel News Asia "An autopsy detailed the extent of the abuse she suffered: 12 fractured ribs and seven fractured vertebrae, a ruptured stomach and a body crowded with blisters and bruises.
Below as taken from the same article by the Straits Times, is the abuse that the victim went through:
- Tan and Pua beat her on her buttocks with a roll of shrink wrap measuring 51.5cm in length, 24cm in circumference and weighing 1.05kg
- Tan kicked and stepped on her chest
- Tan banged her head against a wall
- Tan hit her on the palm and back with a wooden pole that eventually broke into two
- Tan tried to strangle her
- Tan whipped her back, buttocks and upper body with a plastic belt
- Tan slapped her on the face with her bare hands as well as with bathroom slippers. She occasionally told Pua to take over when she became tired
- Pua smashed a pedal dustbin on her shoulder, causing the plastic to crack
- Tan psychologically abused the victim by undermining her sense of self-worth and questioning her daily. Tan told the victim she had a “pig brain”
- Tan and Pua started recording “debts” that they claimed the victim owed them, which included “compensation” for making Tan angry
- To repay the “debts”, Tan made her surrender her monthly salary of $1,200, from which she was given a weekly allowance of $50, which was later cut to $30
Quoted from The Straits Times article
"The next morning, after discovering that she was dead, Pua tore off a layer of plastic from the shrink wrap and flushed it down the toilet to get rid of fingerprints.
Tan then called her own brother to say Ms Ee had committed suicide but eventually called the police.
When the officers arrived, Tan said the victim was a clumsy person who would often injure herself. She also claimed that Ms Ee often jumped up and landed on her buttocks for no apparent reason."
NOT ONLY DID THEY TORTURED THE POOR GIRL TO DEATH, THEY TRIED TO COVER THEIR TRACKS WHEN THEY FOUND THE POOR GIRL DEAD. IF THIS SENTENCE IS PASSED, THEY WILL ONLY BE IN THEIR 50s WHEN RELEASED FROM JAIL. HOW CAN WE LET SUCH BEASTS ROAM FREE AND POTENTIALLY TARGETING ANOTHER VICTIM OF WEAKER MENTAL CAPACITY?
Today: Neo is counting on you
Neo Chuan Yi needs your help with “APPEAL FOR HARSHER SENTENCE : Singaporean couple abuses intellectually disabled woman to DEATH”. Join Neo and 39,489 supporters today.