Impose and increase the penalties for animal cruelty and breach of duty of care.
This petition had 5,735 supporters
Protection for animals:
- Increase the penalties for animal cruelty and breach of duty of care.
- Ensure the judiciary impose the maximum penalties where warranted.
- Impose tougher penalty for causing death to an animal (this should include not providing the necessities of life).
- Ban offenders from owning or caring for an animal.
- Stop puppy farms/factories by implementing laws specific to these activities. Ensure that penalties are a deterrent and enforced in the court of law.
- Do not under any circumstances put animals back in the care of a person that has breached their duty of care or neglected an animal. There should be no second chances.
- The creation of an animal abuse registry for breeders to check the character of people purchasing animals.
- Resources dedicated to detect, cease and prosecute anyone involved in dog fighting. This should include, organising, facilitating, spectating betting or any other involvement. Harsher penalties for offenders.
- More funding to the RSCPA to allow them to act on complaints and breaches of the Animal Care and Protection Act 2001.
The current laws and the fact that they are not imposed when bought before the court is not a deterrent to stop animal cruelty or owners breaching their duty of care. The people want action taken against perpetrators of animal neglect and cruelty.
1 year imprisonment for failing to provide a duty of care and 3 years for animal cruelty is not a sufficient penalty.
Today: Rebecca is counting on you
Rebecca Benson needs your help with “Annastacia Palaszczuk : Impose and increase the penalties for animal cruelty and breach of duty of care.”. Join Rebecca and 5,734 supporters today.