Android Nougat for Asus Devices
This petition made change with 12,454 supporters!
WE DON'T WANT TO BUY NEW DEVICES TO FEED ASUS's REVENUE GENERATION AS THE DEVICES WE ALREADY OWN CAN EASILY RUN ANDROID NOUGAT
When we purchase Android based devices from Asus, the transaction of the purchase is an acknowledgement and confirmation that Asus will continue to provide the latest Android operating system.
We consumers shouldn't have to buy new devices! Our current hardware can run Android Nougat fine. We don't have to buy new devices!
1. PROVIDE ANDROID NOUGAT.
Asus must push Android Nougat for all eligible devices BEFORE the Zenfone 3 series receives the new update. Asus must stop prioritising Android updates for high-end / luxury devices such as the Zenfone 3 and Zenfone 2 Deluxe and instead treat ALL eligible devices with the same level of importance.
The petition applies to all Asus smartphones, tablets and phablets which meet the following specification:
- Devices with at least 2GB RAM
Devices which don't meet this requirement are excluded from the petition and those which meet or exceed the requirement stated above would easily be able to run Android 7.1.1 Nougat without problems.
Full commissioning of company resources must be allocated to push these updates:
- (1st OTA update) Android 7.0 Nougat
- (2nd OTA update) Android 7.1 Nougat
- (3rd OTA update) Android 7.1.1 Nougat
Full commissioning of company resources and must be allocated to deliver all and future versions of Android Nougat in quick succession to these *priority* devices:
- Asus Zenfone Go - ZC500TG
- Asus Zenfone Go - ZB551K
- Asus Zenfone 2 - ZE500CL
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser - ZE500KL / ZE500KG
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser - ZE550KL / ZE551KL
- Asus Zenfone Max - ZC550KL / ZC550KL(2016)
- Asus ZenPad 7.0 - Z370CG
- Asus ZenPad 8.0 - Z380KL / Z380M / Z380C (excluding 1GB RAM versions)
- Asus ZenPad - Z8
- Asus Zenpad Z10 - ZT500KL
- Asus Zenpad 3S 10 - Z500M
- Asus ZenPad S 8.0 - Z580CA / Z580C
- Asus ZenPad 10 - Z300C
To be updated only after all of the above devices have been pushed to Android Nougat:
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser - ZE600KL / ZE601KL
- Asus Zenfone 2 - 550ML / Zenfone 2 Deluxe - ZE551ML
- Asus ZenFone Zoom - ZX550 / ZX551ML
- Asus Zenfone Selfie - ZD551KL
- Asus Zenfone 3 series
2. Stop The Abandoning of Asus Devices Which Leaves Them Devoid of Android Updates.
We purchase Asus products, therefore, we expect our devices to receive regular Android updates as soon as they are released by Google, not one or two years after.
If Android Nougat can run well on a 2-4 year old device then why not push the update? All the devices are capable of running Android Nougat so why hold off if the hardware can run it?
Asus should put aside the revenue generating Zenfone 3 agenda and stop barring users from receiving the latest Android updates just because they simply didn't buy luxury, high-end or flagship devices.
It is the responsibility of Asus to pressure chipmakers and Google to provide the necessary drivers and support that is needed for the push to Android Nougat on Asus devices. Asus has millions in revenue to be able to do this.
Today: Anthony is counting on you
Anthony Van Dyck needs your help with “Android Nougat for Asus Devices”. Join Anthony and 12,453 supporters today.