Stop Proposed Manhattan Beach Cell Towers in Residential Areas!!!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
MB City Council wants to put a Cell Tower in Your Front Yard!
City of MB Project:
- AT&T “Project AirGig” which utilizes Broadband over Power Lines (“BPL”) technology via Radio Distributed Antennae System (“RDAS”) to be installed at Church and 13th Street (near American Martyr’s Church) (http://about.att.com/story/trial_project_airgig.html
Reasons to Request Townhall Meeting / Public Hearing to Investigate Further
- Notice sent during Labor Day weekend without sufficient time to review and respond to proposal, seek more time to discuss the pros and cons of this decision.
- While this is a classic case of Not In My Backyard (NIMBY), it is part of nationwide rollout that is likely coming to your street soon, if not stopped soon (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/12/07/cbs2-exclusive-li-residents-concerned-about-cell-phone-poles/ See article above for AT&T’s plans also.
- According to several studies, cancer risk is 3-4x higher among residents living within 100-300 meters of a cell antennae. https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/radiofrequencyradiation/healtheffects.html
- At the very least, an unknown decline in property value is highly likely (would you want to buy house next to a cell tower?) There is a cost to unknown health repercussions and neighborhood blight.
- Sound has internal cooling fans that make “low whirring sound” per news articles.
Goals of Public Hearing:
- Petition to keep cell equipment on public property and out of residential neighborhoods
- Inquire about the process used to determine the location, technology and vendor (e.g. AT&T) for this proposal.
- Was there an RFP process? Was there an environmental impact study done? What other options were considered? What are the city standards for communication equipment overhead?
Who to Contact:
- Amy Howorth, Manhattan Beach City Council (Mayor Pro Tem), email@example.com, (https://www.facebook.com/amyhoworthmb/
- David Lesser, Manhattan Beach City Council (Mayor), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Napolitano, Manhattan Beach City Council, email@example.com
- Nancy Hersman, Manhattan Beach City Council, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Montgomery, Manhattan Beach City Council, email@example.com
- Jason Masters, Assistant Planner, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Today: Britney is counting on you
Britney Nucci needs your help with “Amy Howorth: Stop Proposed Manhattan Beach Cell Towers in Residential Areas!!!”. Join Britney and 338 supporters today.