Carl Floor Jr (CJ) A Samoan/ American and 2007 USA Wrestling (USAW) National Champ Wrestled and qualified the 96Kg weight Class for American Samoa (A Territory of the USA) while representing American Samoa in the 2012 African & Oceania qualifier in Morocco. After Qualifying Cj returned Home to American Samoa and asked the American Samoa Wrestling Association (ASWA) and the American Samoa National Olympic Committee for a more qualified coach to train him in preparation for his dream to win a Gold Medal and accompany him to England. The ASWA responded by removing CJ and CJ's father Carl Floor Sr from the Coaching Position he held at Samoana High School in Utulei American Samoa and by informing Cj that he will not be going to the Olympics. The ASNOC notfied Cj that he will not be going to the Olympics and when Cj asked the ASNOC Leader Ken Tupua why he was not going, Mr Tupua responded by saying "I dont want to talk about it".
It is important to send the message to the individuals whom call themselves Leader of these organizations! What they have done is totally against the Objectives and Goals of theyre own organization! I Believe the Leaders of Both the ASWA and ASNOC have exhibited unbefitting conduct and need to resign they're Positions ASAP! And send CJ to the Olympics! I have listed the "Goals and Objectives" of the ASNOC as listed on theyre website! I Challenge all Americans and Especially Samoan/ Americans to stand up against the injustices displayed by the ASNOC and the ASWA!
The goals and objectives of the ASNOC are to:
1. Disseminate among young people an interest in sports and a sporting spirit;
2. Organise, together with the respective NOC's, the preparation and a selection of athletes, thereby ensuring that the Territory of American Samoa is represented at the Olympic Games, as well as at International competitions, South Pacific Games, Oceania competitions and all other national and regional games in which American Samoa can be officially represented in each given sport or event;
3. Undertake the organisation of these Games when they are held in American Samoa;
4. Submit proposals to the IOC with regard to the "Olympic Charter", the Olympic Movement in general as well as the organisation and conduct of the Olympic Games;
5. Work in concert with private or governmental bodies concerning the promotion of a sound sports policy.
The ASNOC also encompasses good health habits, positive value practices, good sportsmanship, team play as well as physical and mental development in a good social atmosphere.
The elected officers of the ASNOC are:
President: Ed Imo
Secretary General: Kenneth Tupua
Treasurer: Salaia Gabbard