Demand Amazon Save The Iconic Detroit State Fairgrounds Bandshell!
This petition made change with 60,435 supporters!
One of Michigan's most iconic music venues is slated to become a parking lot by Amazon!
Amazon has garnered billions in profits in 2020 so they can afford to preserve this landmark which has seen performances from the MC5 and Iggy Pop to Benny Goodman to Nina Simone and Stevie Wonder among countless others.
Historically, Detroit and the Motown sound ushered in countless hits which took over the world's ears, hearts, and imaginations. Even absent that, the stage has been graced by Countless performances and served a vital function for Detroit and Michiganders everywhere. The music industry, music historians, and media like The Rolling Stone Magazine , Billboard , Amazon Music, Spotify, should all lend their power to influencing Amazon to save this one iconic landmark! (Additionally, performers who have lost work should also get their support and support from Congress too!)
We are petitioning Amazon to:
- Preserve this integral piece of history for future generations
- To stop imminent plans for destroying the bandshell
- For local electeds to actively support preserving this testament to live performance, music, and culture
- For local electeds to consider emergency recognition of the bandshell as a landmark, if at all possible
- For Amazon to use the money it has earned in 2020 to alter its plans
- Get Detroit City Council to support saving the Bandshell
You can read more about it here.
- Sign on to save it!
- Contact Amazon directly with this petition's request here: email@example.com
- Contact the Governor and Here
- Contact the Mayor
- And share this petition widely!
Together, we can do it!!!
Today: Ian is counting on you
Ian Spiridigliozzi needs your help with “Amazon: Demand Amazon Save The Iconic Detroit State Fairgrounds Bandshell!”. Join Ian and 60,434 supporters today.