Stop the Sale of Defaming Merchandise Targeting Irish Americans by Amazon
This petition had 547 supporters
Amazon, which regularly markets itself as a modern 21st century innovator, is selling merchandise promoting bigoted ethnic based stereotypes defaming people of Irish Heritage. A small sampling of these products include:
- “Straight Outta F*ck It Let's Drink” St. Patrick's Day Triblend T-Shirt
- “Kiss Me I'm Irish Or Drunk Or Whatever” St. Patrick’s Day Baseball Sleeve Shirt
- “St. Patrick's Day Good Day to Get Drunk” Juniors 3/4 Sleeve Raglan T-Shirt
- Juniors “Let's Get Ready To Stumble” Funny St. Patrick's Day T-Shirt
- “Drunk 1” and “Drunk 2” Shamrock Irish Drinking Party Group Team T-Shirt
- “IRISH TODAY HUNGOVER TOMORROW” St Patrick's Day T Shirt
These Amazon products perpetuate bigoted clichés and tropes directed at people of Irish heritage certainly exceed Amazon’s prohibited products guidelines; we ask why then are they permitted for sale at Amazon? We do not believe that Amazon would allow the sale of a product emblazoned with “_____ TODAY HUNGOVER TOMORROW” if that blank was filled in by any other ethnic group.
We, the undersigned, believe there is no room in the 21st century for the bigoted ethnic based stereotypes of the 19th. No heritage or culture should be the subject of the defamation exhibited by these products denigrating people of Irish Heritage nor should drunkenness and irresponsible drinking be glorified or a subject of humor. We call for Amazon to immediately remove these items and issue an unconditional apology to the Irish community.
Today: AOH Anti-Defamation is counting on you
AOH Anti-Defamation needs your help with “Amazon.com: Stop the Sale of Defaming Merchandise Targeting Irish Americans by Amazon”. Join AOH Anti-Defamation and 546 supporters today.