

A COMMITTEE IS NOT 5-DAY BANKING! UFBU LEADERS — WE DESERVE ANSWERS.
The Issue
For weeks, UFBU told bank employees that 5-day banking was non-negotiable.
We were prepared to strike on 28th, 29th and 30th September.
We were told there would be no compromise without a concrete outcome or a clear implementation timeline.
And then, at 11 PM on 27th September, the strike was suddenly deferred because IBA has agreed to form a committee.
A committee is not implementation.
A committee is not a deadline.
A committee is not the 5-day banking we were asked to fight for.
So we ask our UFBU leaders:
What exactly did we achieve by calling off the strike?
Where is the written commitment?
Where is the implementation date?
Where is the deadline for the committee?
And most importantly:
What happens if nothing comes out of this committee?
Thousands of employees stood ready to sacrifice their salary and face the consequences of a three-day strike because we trusted the leadership's assurances.
If the leadership can call for a strike in the name of employees, it must also be accountable to those employees when that strike is withdrawn.
We are not asking for another assurance.
We are asking for:
🔴 A clear timeline
🔴 A clearly defined mandate for the committee
🔴 Transparency about the understanding reached with IBA
🔴 A definite course of action if the deadline is not met
UFBU leaders — don't ask employees to simply “trust the process.”
We have trusted the process for years.
If this deferment is genuinely a strategic step towards 5-day banking, show us the roadmap.
Don't turn a three-day strike into another three-year wait.
We supported you when you asked us to stand together.
Now stand accountable to us.
SIGN THIS PETITION
We demand that UFBU publicly explain the basis for deferring the strike and provide employees with a concrete, time-bound roadmap towards implementation of 5-day banking.
NO MORE OPEN-ENDED ASSURANCES.
NO MORE INDEFINITE WAITING.
✊ OUR UNITY MUST HAVE AN OUTCOME.
✊ OUR SACRIFICE MUST HAVE A PURPOSE.
✊ 5-DAY BANKING NEEDS A DEADLINE — NOT ANOTHER COMMITTEE.

18
The Issue
For weeks, UFBU told bank employees that 5-day banking was non-negotiable.
We were prepared to strike on 28th, 29th and 30th September.
We were told there would be no compromise without a concrete outcome or a clear implementation timeline.
And then, at 11 PM on 27th September, the strike was suddenly deferred because IBA has agreed to form a committee.
A committee is not implementation.
A committee is not a deadline.
A committee is not the 5-day banking we were asked to fight for.
So we ask our UFBU leaders:
What exactly did we achieve by calling off the strike?
Where is the written commitment?
Where is the implementation date?
Where is the deadline for the committee?
And most importantly:
What happens if nothing comes out of this committee?
Thousands of employees stood ready to sacrifice their salary and face the consequences of a three-day strike because we trusted the leadership's assurances.
If the leadership can call for a strike in the name of employees, it must also be accountable to those employees when that strike is withdrawn.
We are not asking for another assurance.
We are asking for:
🔴 A clear timeline
🔴 A clearly defined mandate for the committee
🔴 Transparency about the understanding reached with IBA
🔴 A definite course of action if the deadline is not met
UFBU leaders — don't ask employees to simply “trust the process.”
We have trusted the process for years.
If this deferment is genuinely a strategic step towards 5-day banking, show us the roadmap.
Don't turn a three-day strike into another three-year wait.
We supported you when you asked us to stand together.
Now stand accountable to us.
SIGN THIS PETITION
We demand that UFBU publicly explain the basis for deferring the strike and provide employees with a concrete, time-bound roadmap towards implementation of 5-day banking.
NO MORE OPEN-ENDED ASSURANCES.
NO MORE INDEFINITE WAITING.
✊ OUR UNITY MUST HAVE AN OUTCOME.
✊ OUR SACRIFICE MUST HAVE A PURPOSE.
✊ 5-DAY BANKING NEEDS A DEADLINE — NOT ANOTHER COMMITTEE.

Petition Updates
Share this petition
Petition created on 27 September 2026