Fix Civilization V's Multiplayer Now!
This petition had 1,921 supporters
Sid Meier's Civilization V is a turn-based, 4X video game developed by Firaxis Games and Published by 2K Games. It was released on September 2010.
Firaxis Games studio is owned by 2k Games. Their mission is to "Build games that stand the test of time."
Civilization Vs multiplayer is broken. It is plagued by many issues such as lag, bad netcode, stability issues, subpar server browser and pre-game lobby.
I started this petition to bring attention to these problems that should not be present in a full price "AAA" game title from a top developer. To make matters worse: 2k Games has declared Civ5 a "Fully Developed" game. This means that they do not intend to release any more patches to fix the game. That is unacceptable.
I am sick of not being able to play a single multiplayer game that does not crash/freeze/break/lag.
Now if you think petitions are worthless and they won't get anything done, I'm here to tell you that there is hope. 2k Games will have no choice to listen if we do the following steps below:
How can I make 2k hear my voice?
1. Sign this petition.
2. Click >>HERE<< to go to BBB.org (Better Business Bureau) and file a complaint against 2k Games.
3. Fill out the complaint form and leave a valid E-Mail (Important).
4. BBB will review your complaint and if it passes they will contact 2k Games through their own channels.
5. You will receive an E-Mail from 2k Support, they will want to fix your problem in an attempt to have your complaint removed/fixed.
6. Link 2k Support to this petition. And then tell your fellow Civ5 players to do the same!
Specific Issues (only the ones I've noticed):
- Players will freeze and crash frequently with no reason in multiplayer games.
- Sometimes, a multiplayer match will start with every player frozen. Unable to make a move and play the game.
- Multiplayer games always lag and suffer from bad performance. Only small maps are (barely) playable.
- Most of the time, a player crashing or leaving a multiplayer game will cause it to freeze for everyone else. This can also happen if a player attempts to join/rejoin a game in progress.
- Alt-tabbing, or ending the process of the game during a multiplayer load screen will break the game for everyone else. Load screens happen in the middle of multiplayer matches without warning.
- Usually the only way to continue playing a multiplayer match that froze/broke is to load a saved game. However, once you make the lobby of a saved game.. Other players who do not belong are able to join and take over the slots of the previous players.
- If as a host, you happen to be adjusting the status of an empty slot and a player joins that slot... You will crash.
- The more players in a game, the more likely it will crash. It is very difficult (impossible) to have games of more than 3-4 players without it bugging out some way or another.
- It takes a player 1 actual minute to join a multiplayer lobby. There is no way to know if they are actually loaded in until they type something or pick a race.
- More and more bugs/problems show up everyday. The game has been out for 3+ years with two expansions and a boatload of DLCs, yet the multiplayer has not been fixed at all.
Thanks guys, Civ5 means a lot to me and I feel cheated out of my money from the way they've left us with an incomplete game. Please follow the steps above and lets get our favorite game fixed.
Today: Koroush is counting on you
Koroush A needs your help with “2K Games: Fix Civilization V's Multiplayer Now!”. Join Koroush and 1,920 supporters today.