Allow for the Continued Sale of Edible Marijuana Products in Medical Marijuana Dispensaries: Patient Rights
This petition made change with 280 supporters!
Patients Have the Following Rights:
- The United Nations has decreed that people have the right to opportunities to enhance their quality of life in ways that they see fit in accordance with principles of autonomy and self-determination, inclusive of all abilities.
- "Recognizing the importance for persons with disabilities of their individual autonomy and independence, including the freedom to make their own choices" (United Nations: Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities) http://www.un.org/disabilities/convention/conventionfull.shtml)
- Patients have the right to choose the form(s) of self medication without further compromising their health.
Medical Marijuana Edibles Aid Patients in the Following Ways:
- A more effective analgesic (painkiller), anti-emetic (anti-nausea), anti-seizure, appetite stimulant, and sleep aid therapy than smoking.
- Produces steady, continuous, and longer lasting therapeutic levels and benefits throughout the body than smoking.
- Minimizes known health risks associated with inhalation and minimizes exposure to others of second hand smoke.
- Provides an alternative delivery source of medicine for Patients unable to smoke.
Regulation of Medical Marijuana Edibles Aid Patients in the Following Ways:
- Mandatory potency testing enables Patients to accurately dose themselves.
- Food safety standards protect public health.
- Establishes safe and vetted sources of Edible Medical Marijuana products, limiting risks to patients associated with unsafe street level production and distribution.
- Promotes transparency and accountability of the Medical Marijuana Edible Producers and Dispensaries.
- Proper labeling, restricted access, and child-resistant opaque medicine containers provides for the protection of youth.
Ready Made Medical Marijuana Edibles Aid Patients in the Following Ways:
- Patients unable to cook for themselves have access to ready made and accurately dosed medication.
- Prevents inexperienced Patients from over-medicating themselves due to recipe mistakes.
- Complaints over the smell of cooking cannabis are reduced from Patients not having to cook in their homes.
Today: Patient is counting on you
Patient Rights needs your help with “Vancouver City Council: Allow for the Continued Sale of Edible Marijuana Products in Medical Marijuana Dispensaries: Patient Rights”. Join Patient and 279 supporters today.