Public Statement of Support for the C.H.E. Café and the C.H.E. Café Collective: STOP THE EVICTION!
On March 15, 2015 the collective received a letter from the UCSD administration stating that it will now go ahead and post the final eviction order, the 5-day notice to vacate our home of 35 years, the C.H.E. Cafe. The UCSD administration did post the order sometime on Tuesday, March 17, 2015. After the 5 days, the administration may bring in law enforcement officers to enact a lock out and/or forcibly remove anybody choosing to not vacate voluntarily.
THE APPEAL THE COLLECTIVE FILED OF THE EVICTION LAWSUIT RULING IS STILL PENDING A RULING FROM THE APPELLATE COURT !
We would like you, University and State officials, to know that we endorse the following points and encourage you to do all you can to facilitate their fulfillment.
1) We support the C.H.E. Café continuing to function as it has for the past 35 years--a unique and invaluable asset to the University, representing diversity at it's finest and most inclusive.
2) We support the C.H.E. Café Collective continuing as the operator of the CHE Cafe as it has for the past 35 years.
3) We support the "National Register listing" of the C.H.E. Café and the appropriateness of the "historic occupants," the C.H.E. Café Collective, to continue the site's historic use.
Stop this Unjust Eviction!
- Chancellor, University of California, San Diego (UCSD)
- President, University of California
Public Statement of Support for the C.H.E. Café
and the C.H.E. Café Collective
Today: Che Cafe is counting on you
Che Cafe Support Network needs your help with “University of California and other State officials: Public Statement of Support for the C.H.E. Café and the C.H.E. Café Collective”. Join Che Cafe and 936 supporters today.