Petition updateStop son of #Assad's financier from competing in @London2012 @Olympics - Sign & Share for #Syria
Syrian Olympic committee 'have no contact from UK' to say they're banned"

stephanie LAMYParis, France
Jun 27, 2012
The deputy head of the Syrian Olympic Committee has told ITV News that he and his team will still travel to London in July to attend the games.
It was reported last week that the head of the Committee, General Mowaffak Joumaa, had been refused a visa to enter Britain.
But speaking to ITV News, Feras Moula, deputy to General Joumaa, said:
"As far as we’re concerned we have not had any contact or official statements from the Olympic committee or the UK authorities in regards to being banned from the Olympic games in London.
"For this reason we will travel to the UK in July to attend the games as planned. We want to make it clear that we are here to represent our athletes and Syria at the Olympic Games in London."
Copy link
WhatsApp
Facebook
Nextdoor
Email
X