Petition updateAsk David McWilliams and Ian Thomas (RMBC officers) to tell the truth.The human need for the TRUTH to be told (8.7.17)
Rotherham Truth Campaign
Jul 8, 2017
See pdf: http://real2.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/The-human-need-for-the-TRUTH-to-be-told-8.7.17.pdf Catastrophic events for those caught up in them: Bloody Sunday (My mother came from Derry and I went to secondary school there for five years) Hillsborough Orgreave Iraq Rotherham, CSE, Racism and Hate There is something about the TRUTH … despite enormous efforts by those “in authority” to suppress the TRUTH, it eventually emerges, often at a horrendous cost to those who were denied the TRUTH for many many years. Here is what I wrote individually and personally, one by one, to every Rotherham Councillor on 23 June 2017 ( a few emails were delayed until 24 June): ----- Original Message ----- To: Named Cllr Sent: Friday, June 23, 2017 10:02 PM Subject: Named Cllr - Rotherham Truth Campaign (RTC) Friday 23 June 2017 This email is on behalf of victims, survivors, their family members and others adversely and directly affected by Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) in Rotherham. Dear …, maybe, just maybe it, will be you that succeeds in getting an answer to a very simple question: Who gave RMBC Assistant Director David McWilliams, the information from what he referred to as an “independent expert” that he emailed me on 15.9.15? Voices of Despair Voices of Hope was published on 28 February 2015 and I was co-author. The Rotherham Truth Campaign (RTC) will be launched, probably on 15 September 2017, two years on from the day officer David McWilliams sent a dreadful email, an email full of dishonesty about Voices of Despair Voices of Hope. So far, no one has persuaded David McWilliams to reveal who sent him the dishonest information in his email on 15 September 2015. On behalf of the Rotherham Truth Campaign I launched a petition on 17 June 2017. Victims, survivors, their family members and others adversely and directly affected by Child Sexual Exploitation CSE in Rotherham ask you personally to show your support for the TRUTH by agreeing to sign the petition. It can be found here: https://www.change.org/p/sharon-kemp-chief-executive-ask-david-mcwilliams-and-ian-thomas-rmbc-officers-to-tell-the-truth If you want to sign the petition but wish your identity to be kept anonymous, this is agreeable. Please note that so far there has been a daily update and regular updates will continue for the foreseeable future. I am attaching a copy of the media statement that was issued on Wednesday 21 June 2017: Media Statement on Behalf of the Rotherham Truth Campaign (RTC) 21.6.17 A Reflection about the need for TRUTH RMBC Officers are appointed to serve. RMBC Councillors are elected to serve. Officers and Councillors are expected to act in the public interest. The Seven Principles of Public Life are: Selflessness Objectivity Openness Honesty Integrity Accountability Leadership The reputation of Rotherham has been severely damaged because in the past officers failed to serve and Councillors failed to properly scrutinise the actions of officers. It also appears that some may have felt that bringing the TRUTH to the attention of the public would damage the reputation of Rotherham. What a foolish view this has been shown to be. I believe that it is not bringing the TRUTH to the attention of the public that ultimately damages reputation. I have been freely and actively campaigning for more than forty years for the disadvantaged. For more than three years I have been actively campaigning for the disadvantaged in Rotherham. Initially many (but not all) of my actions were focused on the victims of racism and hate. My heart almost broke when the Jay report was issued in August 2014 because I knew there would be an immediate increase in public blame of and hate for minority groups in Rotherham. Starting in September 2014, I put many hours of my time into addressing the issue of Child Sexual Exploitation and the attempt to use what had happened to blame and hate others. In October 2014, I initiated the Celebrate and Support Rotherham Group and started the facebook group. The record up to 3 January 2015 is here: http://real2.org/real/celebrate-and-support-rotherham-january-2015/celebrate-and-support-rotherham-i-want-a-better-future-in-rotherham/ I gained the confidence and support of many victims and survivors of CSE in Rotherham and the confidence and support of their family members and others adversely and directly affected. Victims, survivors, their family members and others adversely and directly affected by CSE in Rotherham have been totally devastated by the actions of many officers and by the failure, as they perceive it so far, of seemingly a singular councillor to properly scrutinise the actions of officers appointed since the Jay Report was published and to them call them to account for what they have done to Voices of Despair Voices of Hope. Maybe, just maybe it, will be you that succeeds in getting an answer to a very simple question I posed at the beginning: Who gave RMBC Assistant Director David McWilliams, the information from what he referred to as an “independent expert” that he emailed me on 15.9.15? If it is you that succeeds in getting the answer to the simple question, victims, survivors, their family members and others adversely and directly affected by CSE in Rotherham will hold you in high regard, partly because it could represent an important turning point. Ian Thomas has also badly let those who provided their voices for Voices of Despair Voices of Hope He wrote a fairly lengthy response (dated 7 April 2016) to a letter I sent to him on 3 March 2016 but did not answer any of the six questions I asked him in my letter. Ian still needs to answer the first of those questions (a question he carefully avoided in a face to face meeting on 12 August 2016): Please can you explain why you informed the Commissioners that “the authors are pressing the council for widespread publication which was never the intention”? Contact details given
Copy link
WhatsApp
Facebook
Nextdoor
Email
X