Free Our Wild Horses and Burros in Captivity

0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!


America's Wild Horses and Burros have been removed from the lands that were mandated to the species to protect them....mostly from slaughter for dog food. Once again these animals are being subjected to slaughter plants in Mexico and Canada and abusive captivity. Those public lands have been given to ranchers for raising cattle and Wild Horses and Burros are being removed. Fact...there are more horses and burros in Bureau of Land Management holding pens then on the range. Fact.....Wild Horses only take 10% of the public lands and cattle and sheep ranching leases take up the other 90%. This is not only an infringement upon the laws created to protect the species, but these species are being subjected to years of abusive captivity. The herds do regulate their numbers when left alone from removals, it is a scientific fact. This petition is directed to the U.S. President to reinstate the Wild Horse and Burro Protections that were originally in place, and to return ALL Wild Horses and Burros in captivity to their range- lands. Why? because these animals are native to America's Western Lands, and must be protected for future generations; and captivity for free-roaming Horses and Burros is not only very expensive for the government but unnecessary and abusive.



Today: Wilderness Mustangs is counting on you

Wilderness Mustangs needs your help with “President of the United States: Free Our Wild Horses and Burros in Captivity”. Join Wilderness Mustangs and 2,287 supporters today.