200,000+ People say Ban Conversion Therapy- Pass Leelah's Law! Join us today!
Jan 2, 2015 — We have just reached over 200,000 people that care about transgender youth want to tell President Obama- BAN CONVERSION THERAPY! Each person signing is saying no more trying to change a youth’s gender identity or sexual orientation! .
Now we need to press on to get this law passed. We all want to make Leelah’s final words happen – “Fix society.” – so here are some calls to action for you to participate in now:
1. Ask your friends, family and followers to sign the petition urging President Obama to demand an end to conversion therapy: http://www.change.org/FixSociety
2. Share the abhorrent torture that Leelah suffered and ask friends, family and followers to help end the practice of conversion therapy: http://www.leelahslaw.com/about-conversion-therapy/
3. Join our Facebook Group and then share it with your friends, family and followers: https://www.facebook.com/LeelahsLaw
4. Donate to Leelah's Law on the "Fix Society" Campaign-Leelah's Final Wish on the right side of our website: http://www.leelahslaw.com/
5. Send us your stories so others can hear what is happening to transgender, and gay, lesbian and bisexual+ youth via the above Facebook Group or by emailing email@example.com with your permission to publish.
6. Organize a public vigil for Leelah and tell her story, then post the link so others will know: http://www.leelahslaw.com/please-list-vigils-here/
7. Report any incidents of violence, suicides, missing persons, murders or harassment you've experienced being transgender: http://www.data.transviolencetracker.com/Inc_Reporting
8. Get ready to call your state legislators and congress people. Want to be a state coordinator or volunteer? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to keep checking LeelahsLaw.com for updated information, talking points, a base legal language template and graphics you can share over the next several days
Together we can “Fix society” and end the torture practice of conversion therapy in the United States.
Who we are:
We are a collection of transgender advocates and groups that are working towards ending the practice known as conversion therapy against the LGBT+. Our group consists of:
• Transgender Human Rights Institute (THRI) (www.transrightsnow.com), a 501c3 organization
• Everything Transgender in New York City (ETNYC)
• The Transgender Violence Tracking Portal (a project of the THRI) (transviolencetracker.org)
This project is growing in leaps and bounds and more organizations and advocates will be coming on board. Contact us at email@example.com
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly