- Manohar ParrikarChief Minister of Goa
CHIEF MINISTER OF GOA: SUPPORT GOA TAXI REVOLUTION
0 have signed. Let’s get to 10,000.
Tourism is the backbone of Goa's economy and tourists across the world & India are used to services like OLA/UBER, it's time to allow them to operate in Goa. Besides, Goan taxi drivers never use the taxi meters required by law and charge exorbitant fares for their services. Here are benefits:
- Boost to Tourism
- Cheaper commuting for all with no return fare
- Less cars in crowded cities - easier parking
- Shared OLA will reduce traffic congestion
- Easy to calculate fare based on GPS - no surprises
- Cashless payment with online receipt for every transaction
- Taxes paid directly to govt. increasing tax collection
- Its upto the driver to find the best route
- Gainful employment of sincere drivers and can instantly decide to work whenever they have time even if its 2AM - Basic need for airport/hotels
- Instant decision to Taxi hire saves time
- Don't have to keep driver waiting/circling in city
- Old/young/designated drivers forced to drive have alternative - less accidents
- School kids can be dropped/picked up for school/tuition through shared ride system
- Automatic GPS based tracking system provides better security
- Instant feedback to customer service regarding experience
- Immediate and automatic update on driver rating based on feedback
- Prompt refunds if applicable
- Eco-friendly - reduces pollution - less no. of cars owned
- People don't have to drop/pick others - both save time and obligation
- People don't drink and drive - particularly Tourists
- Taxis don't have to wait at Taxi stand and can be available anywhere 24 x 7
- People from outside Goa don't have to come with their own cars, instead use local taxi - help businesses.
We request that our elected representatives provide improved alternative which encourages innovation and competition instead of our broken taxi system and not to give in to the voice of Taxi drivers looting Tourists and Goans. At least allow online taxi due to LACK of proper public transport system.
Please sign this petition so our honorable CM can look into the matter.
- Armando Gonsalves
- Avelino D'Sa
- Mahesh Sardesai
- Milind Barve
- Mousinho Reis
- Nilesh Borde
- Rohan Govekar
N.B.: Please refer our
Facebook Page - link
What you told us - link
Petition Comments (5 days) - link
- Chief Minister of Goa
Chief Minister of Goa: Support Goa Taxi Revolution
Mahesh Sardesai started this petition with a single signature, and now has 8,950 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Mahesh is counting on you
Mahesh Sardesai needs your help with “Manohar Parrikar: Chief Minister of Goa: Support GOA TAXI REVOLUTION”. Join Mahesh and 8,949 supporters today.