Don't Open A Restaurant in Donald Trump's D.C. Hotel
This petition made change with 2,759 supporters!
In light of Donald Trump's insensitive remarks against Mexican immigrants, José Andrés should reconsider opening a restaurant inside Trump's D.C. hotel, set to open in 2016.
José Andrés embodies the American dream and is a huge role model for the Hispanic community, having moved from Spain to start a family and create one of the most successful restaurant chains in culinary history. On top of that, he boasts an impressive resume of personal accomplishments, including:
- Best Chef of the Mid-Atlantic Region (James Beard Foundation, 2003)
- Chef of the Year (Bon Appetit, 2004)
- Saveur 100 List (Saveur, 2004)
- Men of the Year (GQ Magazine, 2009)
- Orden de las Artes y las Letras de España – Order of Arts and Letters (Cabinet of Spain, 2010)
- Outstanding Chef (James Beard Foundation, 2011)
- One of the world's 100 most influential people (Time Magazine, 2012)
We are proud to have José Andrés in Washington, D.C., which is why we hope he decides that Donald Trump is not someone he should do business with. We are excited to dine at all of his other locations, but surely this planned Trump location could relocate elsewhere, like Eastern Market (which is super close to my apartment-- I wouldn't mind that, at all).
Dump Trump, José.
Today: Erick is counting on you
Erick Sanchez needs your help with “José Andrés: Don't Open A Restaurant in Donald Trump's D.C. Hotel”. Join Erick and 2,758 supporters today.