Facebook should stop Hate speech against LGBTQ+ members by Christiaan Otto.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
Facebook is failing to live up to its obligations under its terms of service. It is failing to prevent the platform being used to spread hate and take it viral. Example of clear Christian base LGBTQ+ hate speech that were reported to Facebook, posted by Christiaan Otto. This is not only unacceptable but against the South African: The Prevention and Combating of Hate Crimes and Hate Speech Bill.
The act then explains what characteristics of an offence constitute a hate crime, as follows:
7 ethnic or social origin;
10 gender or gender identity;
11 HIV status;
13 nationality, migrant or refugee status;
14 occupation or trade;
15 political affiliation or conviction;
18 sex, which includes intersex; or
Hate speech, according to the act, is an offence directed at any of the aforementioned characteristics, excluding 12 and 13.
This is those against 10, 17, and 18 of the Bill.
A simple view of how many LGBTQ+ members is angry and upset by this videos posted by Mr. Otto
Have a look at what he has to say:
Here is a news article about it:
We demand Facebook immediately:
1. Shutdown his account: https://www.facebook.com/christiaan.otto.7
Christiaan Otto (Met 2 A's)
2. Ban the users who created these account in response to their promotion of hate speech
3. Competently review all complaints about this and many other videos on his page.
We ask that Facebook:
1. Change the way reports regarding pages are managed. Pages should use the same “Support Dashboard” as complaints for photos, timelines and profiles.
2. Investigate how the complaints about the video shown at https://www.facebook.com/christiaan.otto.7/videos/602895567238235/ was rejected.
3. Implement better training processes for staff managing complaints
4. Implement ongoing regular systematic audits of complaints processed by front line staff
Hate speech can target either a person or a group of people. It includes speech targeting all people of a particular race, nationality, ethnicity, country of origin, religion, sexuality, gender identity, gender, or on the basis of a medical condition or disability. Facebook’s terms of service, the “Statement of Rights and Responsibilities”, clearly state: “You will not post content that: is hate speech”. Facebook must act to remove the hate.
Today: Dewald is counting on you
Dewald Matthee needs your help with “Facebook: Facebook should stop Hate speech against LGBTQ+ members by Christiaan Otto.”. Join Dewald and 4,582 supporters today.