YES! to Children's Rights across the Whole of Europe - despite Brexit
Jun 26, 2016 — Sehr geehrter Herr Präsident, dear Political Group Leaders,
In the wake of the UK Referendum and its repercussions, this is to request you to take into account the implementation of EU Resolution 2016/2575(RSP) on Safeguarding the Best Interests of the Child across the EU on the Basis of Petitions addressed to the EU Parliament. UK and non-UK parents and children deeply require our support for their future. In the UK, 23% of the prison population were in ‘care’, but official statistics show trends of ‘forced removals’ and ‘forced adoptions’ rising consistently since 1994: http://chn.ge/28VXiEz
For a number of reasons, the UK has been worst in offending the UN Convention of Child Rights and we therefore had to ‘go to Europe’ – with 30 parents hoping to get their children returned – relying on EU Directives, after the UK Judiciary, Parliament and Government had failed us badly.
International Reports with recommendations by the UN and the Council of Europe have had no effect, but the Fact-Finding visit of MEPs and other PETI activities have – yet only as a small beginning! As further encouraging signs, involvements by Tatjana Zdanoka MEP and Yana Toom MEP in individual cases resulted in success in England and Scotland by having children returned which is, however, extremely rare.
The Infringement Notice of EU Directive 2011/92 on “combating the sexual abuse and sexual exploitation of children and child pornography” was never published – “to preserve the trust between the EU Commission and the UK Government”, I was told.
Since presenting our petition to Abolish Adoptions without Parental Consent to the Committee in March 2014, PETI has made excellent progress with the Resolution and a Plenary Debate. Can you therefore please ensure measures of EXTERNAL monitoring of the implementation after the UK leaves?
To paint a picture of the scale and scope of the problem:
1. Children Not for Sale – the Black Hole in our Culture:
• this event was hosted by Kostadinka Kuneva MEP [EL, GUE/NGL] and Takis Hadjigeorgiou MEP [CY, GUE/NGL] on Referendum Day;
• the full spectrum of child abuse was presented admirably by Policy Assistant Zoi Sakelliadou to the EU Anti-Trafficking Co-ordinator Dr. Myria Vassilliadou from the Commission;
• it was supported by two panels of speakers which included myself as
Petitioner of Systemic Patterns of Child Snatching and Forced Adoptions in the UK and web publisher;
Persecuted whistleblower of the cover-up of crimes that two whistleblower kids exposed about their UK father, after assisting their Russian mother to get her children returned and safeguard 70+ child victims at risk.
2. Discrepancies between EU Directive 2011/92 and UK Family Court Law:
• this is the report I handed to VP Frans Timmermans which describes the secrecy of UK Family Courts at the root of all violations of Human and Children’s Rights;
• we were promised a response by the Commission, but never received it;
• secrecy in Family Courts is used to legitimise not only the Forced Adoption of children, but also the imprisonment and ‘reporting restriction orders’ of parents and public interest whistleblowers like myself. See http://bit.ly/1IYuj0Z and http://bit.ly/1F5d8cx
3. Stop Forced Removals of Children by Social Services across Europe is our latest submission to PETI and tackles the first illegitimate step:
• Thousands of children forcibly taken into care - as broadcast by BBC;
• one child every 20 minutes - as reported by Channel IV in their film 15,000 Kids and counting;
• I heard the then Minister talk about exporting the UK model which is distinctly AGAINST their best interests:
i. 90,000 children are now ‘looked after’ in the UK;
ii. 50,000 in Germany;
iii. 30,000 in Sweden and
iv. 46,000 in Norway.
• Since data from less than half of the local authorities (152 of 326) in the UK is being used in the official governmental statistics, UK figures must be much worse.
Do we want to be responsible for allowing institutions to turn innocent children into young adults without vision, perspective and purpose in life, while adopted children will forever be looking for their roots? The group of 40 Swedish lawyers who submitted their petition to reach out on behalf of parents whose children are taken from them, estimate that maybe 10% of their cases are justified. Will you please come to the rescue of the 90%?
Judicial co-operation in civil and commercial matters is as critical as child protection and children’s rights, as national ‘competencies’ have been replaced by INCOMPETENCE and CORRUPTION:
• Special Chambers in Civil Courts would be different from a secret family division and an even worse Court of ‘Protection’;
• Ethics and Justice Panels for Public Accountability comprising MEPs, MPs, Local Councillors and affected Citizens were among our hopes for change.
To go back into splendid isolation without external scrutiny will perpetuate the need for Inquiries that don’t stop or reverse current trends:
1. Children Placed in Foster Care was our submission to the UK Parliament;
• It never received a response except “the government wants to help keep families together”;
• Social Services confirmed the opposite to MEPs in London: their operations are financed as POLICY.
2. The National Inquiry into Child Sexual Exploitation in Gangs and Groups took place in 2012:
• The Secretary of State of Education delivered his speech The failure of child protection and the need for a fresh start on 16 November 2012, yet did not curb any trend;
• The submission Satanist Ritual Abuse of Children with its recommendation of an “urgent reconsideration of legal, court and Police procedures” was destroyed, we were told by the Office of the Children’s Commissioner.
3. The Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse is a multi-million operation into the failure of UK institutions:
• Our latest submission to the Petitions Committee to Stop the Forced Removal of Children from their Parents illustrates the consistent trends on national, regional and local levels.
I Cc a number of MEPs and Commissioners I have been in touch with, possibly with a view to a Written Declaration supporting this request.
I shall publish this email on our online petition to Stop the Forced Removal of Children by Social Services - across all EU Member States, trusting that the 5,800 supporters will take their own initiatives. The majority of signatures originate in the UK, Slovakia, Latvia and Lithuania, followed by Ireland, Sweden, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands and Portugal – all ‘victim countries’ of the UK.
Trusting that you concur with the essence of our challenge and request, I look forward to hearing from you!
Yours gratefully in advance,
Sabine Kurjo McNeill [German national, living in London since 1981, former systems analyst at CERN, European Centre for Nuclear Research in Geneva]
McKNews – positive stories for Social and Mainstream Media
Web publisher Association of McKenzie Friends
… petitioning UK and EU Parliament as well as Downing Street
Keep fighting for people power!
Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?I'll power Change with $5 monthly