My daughter, Autumn Pasquale was a typical all-American 12-year-old girl. Autumn loved BMX bike riding, skateboarding, playing soccer, cheerleading and art. She possessed so much promise for a bright future. She was a straight “A” student, was accepted into the gifted & talented program at her middle school and was involved in many extracurricular activities. She was the light of my life.
But on October 20 2012 all that ended. Forever. And so did Autumn’s life. Why? I truly believe it is because Autumn believed all children were well-adjusted and innocent, just like her.
On that fateful day, Autumn was lured to the home of acquaintances/brothers 15-year-old Justin Robinson and 17 year-old Dante Robinson under the pretense that one or both boys wanted to trade bike parts with her. My innocent daughter left my home that Saturday afternoon NEVER TO RETURN. Prior to this event, I did not know the Robinson family.
Watch Media confirm Autumn’s was lured to trade bike parts here: http://news.yahoo.com/video/brother-autumn-pasquales-confessed-killer-164903873.html
Watch Gloucester County Prosecutor Sean Dalton’s statement regarding the arrests/charges that were initially filed against the Robinson brothers here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UvgPYiAzXk
It took several law enforcement agencies two harrowing days to find my Autumn and when they did, it was a scene from a horror film. Autumn had been beaten, strangled to death and stuffed in a trashcan. Justin Robinson later accepted a plea deal and received a 17-year prison sentence. He could be out of prison as early as his 30th birthday…possibly before. His brother Dante was freed. The reason for the plea deal and Dante’s release came as a result of a lack of DNA evidence.
*****I BELIEVE THAT MINOR CHILDREN ARE RARELY IF EVER BORN MURDERERS. MOST ARE CULTIVATED AND IN AUTUMN’S CASE, I BELIEVE HER MURDERER WAS NO EXCEPTION. HERE ARE A FEW OF THE FACTS TO PROVE THAT CLAIM*****
- Justin Robinson suffered from a neurodevelopmental disorder. This was confirmed by Robinson’s own attorney and stated in open court during his sentencing hearing.
- At Robinson’s sentencing hearing his own attorney stated in open court that his actions against Autumn were a “learned behavior.” She added that Robinson had witnessed his own father choke his mother (possibly on more than one occasion). These parents, knowing their child(ren) already had serious mental disorders, exposed them to violence in the home. It is no coincidence that my daughter’s cause of death was strangulation. The most influential person in Robinson’s life, his same sex parent, taught him that.
- Various neighbors of Robinson’s gave statements to the media indicating they were aware that Robinson brothers were known to engage in criminal activity and were “always in trouble.” In fact, their own father admitted to the media that his boys were known for stealing bikes. A Clear sign of lack of respect for authority and the law.
See admissions from community members and Robinson’s father here: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/autumn_pasquale_death_2_teen_b.html
- One of my best friends witnessed Justin Robinson running from police and pulling off his hat and shirt while in stride (presumably to disguise his appearance) just days before he murdered my daughter.
- At the time of Autumn’s murder, Robinson’s biological father, Alonzo Robinson admitted to the media that he had not seen his sons for a year (and possibly up to 7 years). Alonzo Robinson completely abandoned his parental responsibilities, all while knowing his sons suffered from serious mental disorders and were known to engage in crimes. Police told Mr. Robinson they found bike parts stockpiled in the basement of the Robinson’s home. Robinson told reporters one of the boys had been previously charged with theft.
See Alonzo Robinson’s admissions here: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/10/father_police_questioned_sons.html
6. Autumn was murdered in the home in which the Robinson boys resided with their mother Anita Robinson. The home is approximately800 square feet in size. Investigators believe Autumn’s time of death to be approximately 3:30 p.m.. They also believe Autumn’s body was not moved to the trash can until late that Saturday night or early Sunday morning. Yet Anita Robinson had no idea a murder took place in her home and that my child’s body and all of her belongings including her bike were laying in her home for several hours.
See prosecutor’s statement regarding investigator’s timeline here:
- Justin Robinson was not only able to murder my child in his home, but was able to clean up her murder scene, tamper with evidence, hide all the evidence, hide Autumn’s body and all of her belongings including her BMX bike and move her dead body (while rigor mortis had to have set in) to a trash can. Again Anita Robinson saw and heard nothing.
Parents/guardians who neglect, abuse, abandon or ignore the warning signs of their children’s propensity toward violence are direct contributors to their minor children’s murders. If the minor who murdered my daughter was properly treated, parented, disciplined and supervised my daughter would probably be alive today.
Accordingly, I and everyone who signs this petition are asking for consideration of “Autumn’s Law.” A law that would make abusive and/or neglectful parents/guardians who have custody of their children CRIMINALLY responsible for murders committed by their minor children, when they know or should have known the propensity toward violence existed.
When a parent/guardian knows or should have known that their child may pose a threat to third persons, it is the parents/guardian’s responsibility to minimize that risk. A child’s issues are not the responsibility of his/her school, state, teacher, counselor, law enforcement, community, neighbors or church, but instead, the primary responsibility of the child’s parents/guardians.
When the parents/guardians of a minor murderer are proven to have failed in their parental responsibilities by ignoring warning signs, failing to treat their children’s mental/emotional/behavioral issues and by fail to ensure proper supervision of their child, the parents/guardians actions/lack of actions becomes a contributing factor to the loss of life and lifelong devastation inflicted on their victims and their victims’ families. As such, they should be held criminally responsible.
WE ARE ASKING OUR GOVERNOR & STATE LEGISLATORS TO CONSIDER “AUTUMN’S LAW.” A LAW THAT WOULD MAKE NEGLECTFUL AND/OR ABUSIVE PARENTS/GUARDIANS WHO FAIL TO TREAT, CONTROL AND SUPERVISE THEIR MINOR CHILDREN, HELD CRIMINALLY RESPONSIBLE WHEN THEIR CHILDREN MURDER
- New Jersey State House
- New Jersey State Senate
- New Jersey Governor
- Governor of New Jersey
- Governer of New Jersey
Consider New Legislation in NJ "Autumn's Law" - A Law That Would Hold Abusive and/or Neglectful Parents/Guardians Criminally Responsible For Their Minor Children's Murders.
Anthony Pasquale started this petition with a single signature, and now has 13,852 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.