Run SunRail on the weekends and later at night
We're enthusiastic supporters of the SunRail commuter train system in Central Florida. However, we're frustrated that SunRail can't reach its full potential because the trains do not run on the weekends or late at night -- up to midnight. (Click for more info)
Running SunRail on the weekends:
- Is essential for people who do not work a traditional Monday to Friday schedule, including hospital personnel, public-safety workers, hospitality workers, and airport and airline staffers, to name a few. This also helps travellers who use SunRail to connect them to Orlando International Airport.
- Is a life saver for resident senior citizens who do not drive, or those who should not drive a long distance. This is also important to people who don't own a car, or who have physical challenges that prevent them from driving safely.
- Helps protect our environment because more people will be able to keep their cars home on the weekend. Leaving cars home saves precious, expensive fuel and also helps limit air pollution.
- Is great for businesses and cultural and social venues. On the weekends and later at night more people will be able to explore and enjoy culture, entertainment and dining experiences from Volusia County to Orange County.
- Running the trains later at night (up to midnight) helps service workers and others who are assigned to later shifts.
- Late-night trains also make our roads safer because it offers a transportation option for people who consume alcohol while dining, or at evening events.
By signing this online petition you are asking local officials to act quickly to expand SunRail service to the weekends and late-night hours.