Allow graduate students to gain residency for tuition purposes in Idaho

0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!

All over Idaho, there are thousands of graduate students who have matriculated from out of state to attend their respective programs. With the current Idaho legislation, it is impossible for these students to ever gain residency status with regards to tuition purposes. This means that it is not possible for students who move here and get in-state tuition even after having lived in Idaho for a year, unless they did not attend school full time during that first year or worked full time during that first year. For a matriculating graduate student, neither of those options are typically possible. The Idaho House Bill 631 is attempting to change this law by allowing specifically graduate students who have lived here for a year to gain residency despite having attended school full time without working. This bill has already passed through the House unanimously. We ask that the Idaho Senate pass this bill so that many of us, including myself who are attending school here may qualify for tuition-based residency.

Please read more about the bill here, contact your local senator and sign this petition!

Today: Crystal is counting on you

Crystal Odegard needs your help with “Wendy : Allow graduate students to gain residency for tuition purposes in Idaho”. Join Crystal and 126 supporters today.